INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failed to create tune request  (Read 2417 times)

Weedos123

• Junior Woodchuck
Failed to create tune request
« on: August 03, 2013, 03:17:55 am »

I have a Hauppauge WinTV Nova HD USB tuner which in conjunction with JRiver v18.0.209 and windows 8.1 preview used to work fine.  The drivers were installed, the tuner was recognised and it all worked.

Thought I'd try to see if I could hear the difference between Windows 8 and 2012 server.  So rebuilt the PC using 2012 reinstalled JRiver and the drivers all went OK and the only bit of JRiver that doesn't work is the TV.

JRiver recognises the device as "Hauppauge 139xxx SAT Tuner (digital).  All the previously scanned channels are visible (I backed up my library prior to the rebuild and restored it afterwards).  However the following message appears when I try and view a channel "DigitalTSRenderStreamsToWriter - Failed to create tune request. Class not registered".  When I try and rescan I get a similar failed to create tune request message.

Any ideas anyone?

Log file is attached
2012 i7 Mac Mini - Media Center for mac |
Debian Wheezy 64 bit - Media Center for linux| Exasound e28 DAC

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Failed to create tune request
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 08:40:01 am »

Hi,

Sorry about your trouble.  The log file shows a failure at the following line:

0010313: 1416: TV: DVBSDigitalTV::CreateTuneRequest(IDVBTuneRequest **) - 0x757e310: Failed to load tuning space hr=0x80040154

which indicates some problem with your system.  MC could not load find proper interface for loading tuning space.  Error code 0x80040154 means "Class not registered".  The server OS probably does not have necessary component installed for TV playback.  I do not know if you will be able to install the needed components for TV since server OS usually is not meant for such purpose.

Yaobing
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Weedos123

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 03:54:21 pm »

Yaobing, its a pity that you don't know if it would work at all, as on my equipment windows 2012 server has definite sonic advantages over windows 8 and Mac OSX.  What I can't remember is whether i tried to use the TV functions and if it worked or not, before a I removed the GUI shell from Win 2012. I had to reinstall the GUI shell for JRiver to work properly and so I am now wondering if it the reinstall didn't reinstall/restart some service or other that the TV function needs.

Putting the error code into Google seemed to bring up numerous response saying that it could be an OLE error caused by an ocx file not being registered correctly. Could this be the case? if so where should I look for ocx files to reregister?

Otherwise, I suppose only a full reinstall will tell.
Paul
2012 i7 Mac Mini - Media Center for mac |
Debian Wheezy 64 bit - Media Center for linux| Exasound e28 DAC

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 05:31:53 pm »

We have had previous reports by users about DirectShow (which TV is part of) not working on servers.

The error message is quite generic.  It means one or more OLE/COM component is not registered on the machine.  TV "tuning space" is just one example of such OLE/COM component.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 05:38:23 pm »

Take a look of this link:

http://knowledge.zomers.eu/dvblogic/Pages/How-to-add-BDA-support-to-Windows-Server-2012.aspx

Disclaimer:  I did not try this myself and do not know whether it works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up