INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPU Usage Problems  (Read 1034 times)

anma_mmmc

CPU Usage Problems
« on: March 18, 2002, 05:41:29 pm »

I tried to search previous threads, but was not able to find anything that related to encoding MP3's using MJ, and how much of the CPU it uses, so I thought I would see if anyone was having a similar experience.  I have a Pentium III 933, with 384 megs of ram.  When ever I encode MP3's, my cpu pegs, while copying and encoding.  It almost stops me from performing any other tasks, such as opening a one page excel spreadsheet.  It even stops my downloads over my modem (no dsl or cable access yet) until a slowdown in the CPU occurs in between songs.  Is this common among MJ Users?  I am using v7.2.280.  Is there some means of limiting the amount of CPU usage so that it does not interupt my other tasks?  Thanks

Michael Horton

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:CPU Usage Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 07:30:54 pm »

P4 1.8 GB. Encoding uses 100% of the CPU. Probably because of the LAME encoder, because Exact Audio Copy does the same thing using the LAME encoder. Good thing--keeps me from doing other things on the computer while encoding. Other programs seem too use less resources during encoding, but doing other things often results in pops and crackles in the mp3s.

Michael

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
RE:CPU Usage Problems
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2002, 04:26:16 am »

Yeah. My PIII 700MHz system pegs at 100% but I can usually do other things. I'm running W2K.
Namaste,
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up