INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation problem MC18  (Read 1081 times)

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
Installation problem MC18
« on: August 03, 2013, 08:25:30 pm »

Hello,

I'm with a friend of mine here and I introduced him to JRiver. We are trying to install the trial version in his notebook, but it is crashing with an error(APPCRASH) in the InstallLauncher.exe. We tried several MC18 versions with the same result. So we decided to download the MC17 and it installed OK. We uninstalled MC17 and tried to install MC18 again and same crash... Only version 17 is installing.

We are using Windows remote desktop as his notebook touchpad is not working. Did you try to install MC18 using Windows remote desktop? His notebook has Windows 7 Ultimate.

AnalogRoaming

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Installation problem MC18
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 01:39:15 am »

I have the same issue on one of my computers. There has been no solution to my issue, but I can say it failed using remote desktop and logged into the machine.

Some things that you could try:

* Disable virus checkers
* Disable any anti-malware/spyware apps

I'm interested in this too because I cannot get 18 to install on just one of my machines and it crashes in exactly the same way you describe.
Me fail english? That's unpossible!

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 03:20:11 am »

I have the same issue on one of my computers. There has been no solution to my issue, but I can say it failed using remote desktop and logged into the machine.

Some things that you could try:

* Disable virus checkers
* Disable any anti-malware/spyware apps

I'm interested in this too because I cannot get 18 to install on just one of my machines and it crashes in exactly the same way you describe.

So it seems there is not a problem with remote desktop itself!!!
His notebook was using only the default Microsoft Defender. I tried to disable it and it didn't work...

Now I am really curious why is it crashing when trying to install.

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 04:33:34 pm »

Any news about this issue?

Pages: [1]   Go Up