INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joining files or tracks under one album  (Read 4816 times)

fredrump

Joining files or tracks under one album
« on: August 06, 2013, 12:54:17 pm »

OK, I'm new here. Came over from ITunes as it was more frustrating than I care to endure.
For whatever reason I have album cover images repeated for the same album each containing different tracks.
How do I join these under their normal home - one and the same album?

Fred

rhgh

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Joining files or tracks under one album
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 12:23:12 am »

hi

if a cd displayed as 2 cds with different covers
the following id3 tag fields must have the same content

"album" - "artist" - "albumartist" - "year"

if not, there are two different cds for mc
therefore, two different cover were found

reinhard

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 09:14:06 am »

Album Artist vs Album Artist (Auto)

Most albums have a single artist with all of the tracks on that album by the one artist. MC automatically groups these tracks into an album displayed under the one thumbnail picture.

Compilation albums have multiple artists and in standard view schemes MC will list albums multiple times, once for every different artist's name on the compilation album. Thus multiple representations of the same album.

So, to group tracks together into one album, under the one thumbnail pic, MC uses either the [Album Artist] field or [Album Artist (Auto)] field.

If [Album Artist] field is typed in manually that value is automatically entered into the [Album Artist (auto)] field as well. Each individual track will still have its own respective artist but all tracks will be grouped as the one album.

[Album Artist (Auto)] is a built-in field which auto-completes if the [Album Artist] field is left empty…..but,
   ○ All tracks must have the same [Album] field value
   ○ If all tracks have the same[Artist] then it uses that artist.
   ○ If there are more than one artist it uses the default of "(Multiple Artists)"…, in order for (Multiple Artists) to appear automatically the album must be in its own exclusive directory and contain only audio files.

NB You can put whatever you want into [Album Artist] and MC will use that. Call it "My Compilation", "Best of 80's", whatever. This will display your
compilations by what you called them mixed with, in alphabetical order, regular albums.

fredrump

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 09:39:55 am »

Thanks for the explanation. I will try this out later on today.
fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up