INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HTC One won't sync - 0 bytes device  (Read 9792 times)

thorathome

• Junior Woodchuck
HTC One won't sync - 0 bytes device
« on: August 07, 2013, 05:00:27 pm »

Hi J River et. al. 

I gave up my BBerry for a new HTC One (ATT).  It does not sync with MC18.  The HTC One shows up as a '0 bytes device' 
Apparently the newer versions of Android do not let this unit act like a normal mass storage device. 
Hadn't anticipated this. 

Is it only me, or is there a general issue with the HTC Ones and/or the newer Androids? 
Vendor Name = 2966  Product ID = 3562

Thank you. 

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: HTC One won't sync - 0 bytes device
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 09:06:27 pm »

New versions of android only support MTP mode.
Make sure when you connect to USB cable, open the notification drawer and tap on the USB connected one.
Should show 2 options, MTP media file mode and another one for photos.
Make sure the MTP one is selected.

thorathome

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 09:40:48 pm »

Thanks for responding.  I could not find the USB options you reference. 
On HTC One, I have 'USB Connected' leading to USB network settings.  No mention of MTP. 

When connecting HTC One to USB on a (fully updated) Win XP machine, I automatically get MTP mode on the Windows side. 
Windows Explorer lets me explore Android phone, copy files, etc.  See attached gif. 
MC18 recognizes the phone, but cannot synch.  "0 bytes device.  Full after transfer."
HTC's idiotic Sync Manager Windows software moves files back and forth. 

Any ideas on this one?  I'm stopped right now.  Thanks. 

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
Re: Re: HTC One won't sync - 0 bytes device
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 10:30:55 pm »

Not really.  MC syncs files to my galaxy s4 but the playlists don't work right and it wants to resync all the same files next time.

thorathome

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 10:50:49 pm »

Thanks for trying to help.  I'm moving to Win7 or 8 with a new laptop next month or two, will try again.  Until then, it's MANUAL music file movement. 
HTC Synch software is awful, so it's file by file. 

Good luck with your Samsung.  New world.  I thought only Apple was proprietary and Android was open.  'nuff said. 

Anyone else have ideas?

thorathome

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 10:40:31 pm »

Hi J River.  I have included several screenshots of JRMC18 trying to read my Android HTC One, plus some My Computer (Win XP) snapshots showing the HTC One file structure.  

I am bummed JRMC18 cannot synch with HTC One.  HTC's own godawful Synch Manager can read and write their device, but it is truly awful.  I would much rather synch my music and pics with MC.  

Any relief in sight?  
Thanks.  

nitephlight

• World Citizen
Re: Re: HTC One won't sync - 0 bytes device
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 03:27:20 am »

thorathome,

theres good news and bad news. the good news is the music files will still copy with the proper drivers of course. nothing stopping mc18 from pushing the files to your phone if it shows up as a Portable Device (MTP). I just tested my galaxy nexus and can confirm it works... except the playlist which is simply put in a format that Android can not load natively. note there is a setting though in three sync options that allows you to specify a database file! im hoping this its the work around

nitephlight

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Re: HTC One won't sync - 0 bytes device
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 03:35:20 am »

MC18 recognizes the phone, but cannot synch.  "0 bytes device.  Full after transfer."
HTC's idiotic Sync Manager Windows software moves files back and forth. 

Any ideas on this one?  I'm stopped right now.  Thanks. 

this sounds like you need different sync drivers (i would never recommend using manufacturer syncing software, its just more bloat and backwards configs)

http://liliputing.com/2013/04/koushs-universal-adb-driver-for-windows-makes-connectinghacking-android-devices-easier.html

uninstall the htc drivers if you went that route, go to Device Manager and uninstall the device under Portable Devices if you see it,  then try these universal drivers 8)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 03:55:10 am »

I tried the adb drivers linked above and they didn't help me. Not to be deterred, I kept poking around and found these posted on xda...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2217396

This has fixed an issue where although my files synced, the "remove those not in the sync list' setting was not working.
After installing these two packages, and connecting my phone, Windows first said that driver installation had failed. Disconnected and reconnected, and I'm now good to go. The delete files setting is working and my phone is no longer defaulting to 'debug' mode when connected.

Might work for you too?
I made a concious decision to trust the guy posting the executables after reading the entire thread and some of his history on xda.

Note that even though I had the HTC Sync Manager installed previously, which is supposed to include the drivers that CNexus has posted, my phone still did not work correctly with MC. I removed the HTC Sync software and moved these two in. All is good now.

-marko

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 01:43:12 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up