INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APE for 8.0 scrambled  (Read 1229 times)

ken liles

APE for 8.0 scrambled
« on: March 18, 2002, 09:41:58 am »

When I use the APE encoder for MJ 8.0 I get garbled results. on play-back A message says something about the encoding version being newer than the installed version, but I can't seem to install a newer decoder version. The encoder version says 2.0.30

All previously encoded stuff plays back fine; but anything encodede in the pressent version that download gets me the garble-dee-gook;

help!

ken

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:APE for 8.0 scrambled
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 10:16:38 am »

Make sure you're using the APE decoding plugin that comes with MJ 8. (try a reinstall of MJ 8)  Sounds like it's using an old decoder to play files encoded with a newer version, and that's sure to make for a grumpy monkey Next Page

Let us know.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ken liles

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2002, 11:42:23 am »

Matt-

I reinstalled MJ8. During installtion I noted the 'installing APE plugin' message. Still getting the same effect described above. The actual message I get it is 'You are attempting to play an APE file that was encoded with a version of Monkey's Audio which is newer than the installed APE plug-in. There is a high likelyhood that this will not work properly. -(which it doesn't)- Please download and install the newest Monkey's Audio plug-in to remedy the problem. Plug-In version: 3.94b1; APE file version: f'

Upon downloading and successfully installing the APE plug-in for MJ8.0 off the web, I get the same problem. I seem to have no problems encoding the same material in wma or mp3. I get the same problem, for example, when i encode in wma (plays fine), then convert to APE (get the same error). So it must be in the encoder itself.

I'm using MJ 8.0.198;

ken

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2002, 12:34:15 pm »

Oh, you're MJ 8 may be too old.

Try updating to the latest version.

Thanks.

-Matt