INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't connect to last.fm, MC crashes [Solved - Last.fm was the reason]  (Read 1494 times)

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck

I've been using MC for awhile now with last.fm running smoothly.  Today I signed out of last.fm by using the option Tool>Services>last.fm>Manage last.fm account>there was an option to delete last.fm account which I did so I could scrobble from another last.fm account.  (which is what I should have done according to what I read somewhere on this forum but unable to find it now)  ::)  Murphy's law.  >:(

Anyways that has created a mess of problems. I dont think that was the best thing to do, now I cant scrobble anything and when I go to Tool>Services>last.fm> Manage last.fm account > Connect to last.fm and I select that option I get a freeze (Not Responding) and when I try to close window, it crashes MC.

I tried this a couple times and thought maybe I needed to do a reinstall to get the settings back.  So I saved my library, did the whole uninstall, reboot, reinstall, restore library, and tried to sign in again with no luck.  I am thinking maybe I need to do another authorization from MC to last.fm but I have no clue how to generate that at this point.

I realize its only last.fm scrobbling and I see there isn't much support for last.fm problems on this forum but I am a VERY active member on last.fm and use the results I get from scrobbling for many music projects.  So if someone can help me with this problem, I would be most appreciative.   ;)
Don't fix it if it ain't broken!  If it's broken and you can't fix it, shoot it!

Supersnake

• World Citizen
Re: Cannot connect to last.fm, and when I try to MC crashes!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 05:23:41 am »

Had a somewhat similar problem that resolved itself around early Sunday Morning ( 1AM PST Aug 11)

In my case MC was able to connect to Last.fm and play a music stream, but MC would do so for only 30 seconds then disconnect from Last.fm and post a file-not-found message.  However, during the period of  MC/Last.fm downtime I was able to connect to Last.fm from Firefox and play the streams.

Am playing Last.fm on MC now, and no problems.

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Cannot connect to last.fm, and when I try to MC crashes!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 05:32:48 am »

Mine just started working too.  That was weird, I thought Id give it another try before I gave up and when I started MC and started playing music it was scrobbling.  

All is fine now!!  
Don't fix it if it ain't broken!  If it's broken and you can't fix it, shoot it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up