INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync SACD iso files to a handheld  (Read 926 times)

tourix

• Recent member
Sync SACD iso files to a handheld
« on: August 11, 2013, 08:06:41 pm »

Hello,

This is an old issue first reported with MC17 (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=71513.0), but that is still not resolved.

My goal is to sync a playlist including DSD files (actually SACD iso's) to a handheld device supporting PCM only. The particular device is not important, since I would be happy for this to work with a virtual device, i.e. a disk folder.

Here is what I do in MC18.0.212:
Under Options, Handheld, I add a device and specify a device path. Under Conversion, I select the FLAC encoder and check Apply DSP with settings that will be compatible with the intended device, e.g. down sample to 88.2KHz if sample frequency is greater than 192KHz.
Then I create a new playlist, add the tracks of an SACD iso, and make sure that this playlist is synced under the options of the virtual device.

The first time I click the Sync button, all the tracks get marked as On Queue, but nothing more happens.
When I click Sync a second time, the first track is marked as Uploading, with the progress percentage reaching 100% and happily continuing towards 1000% and more.
What happens is that the whole iso file gets copied unchanged to the device path. The amount of data to be transferred shows as a negative number, e.g. -38GB for a 3GB iso.
After a long time, the second track starts to be transferred. A second copy of the whole iso is being created, at which time I cancel the Sync operation.

Cheers!

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Sync SACD iso files to a handheld
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 04:03:39 am »

Hi,
not sure this will work on SACD ISO's but I would explore using particles to see if that might get the converter to divide into tracks

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Particles
Pages: [1]   Go Up