INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upgrade window appears  (Read 1993 times)

wawaron

• Recent member
upgrade window appears
« on: August 11, 2013, 10:49:38 pm »

Hi,
today upon accessing MC 18 a small window appeared stating that it was downloading an upgrade to MC 18. After the download was complete I got a message that said the download was not successful and gave me this error message Allow UAC permission when prompted. I never did get a prompt.
What is this upgrade?

Off topic but MC has been slowing down considerably lately, the last 2 to 3 weeks. I've purchased the new MC 19.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: upgrade window appears
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 12:53:39 am »

The UAC prompt will sometimes pop up under the MC main window, I have noticed. However if that happens there will be a UAC icon on the taskbar, and it will be flashing.

If you didn't notice the UAC icon and closed MC, closing the upgrade, then the UAC window would also close, meaning you never saw it.

Try the upgrade again. I'm up to 18.0.212 now through automatic upgrades.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Arindelle

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 06:53:38 am »

Yep I think Rodericks right. Happened to me before when I wasn't paying attention as my taskbar is set to auto hide. Just check for updates under help and try again.

Off topic but MC has been slowing down considerably lately, the last 2 to 3 weeks. I've purchased the new MC 19.

I have seen this observation before on the forum, but I'm very surprised. I have found that MC has truly become lightening fast.

If using just one PC to do everything, I'm sure it has to do with something else and not jriver.

If you are on a network, are you using a DLNA library or a shared mediaserver library? Have you mapped the drives (UNC paths)? If you are using DLNA can you you try using media server?

wawaron

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 10:27:27 am »

Thanks for insight on UAC and upgrades. I didn't see any flashing Icons but wasn't looking for any. The laptop I'm using is used only for MC. This morning MC I didn't see the small upgrade window and MC performed better.

wawaron

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 10:30:43 am »

Forgot to ask how do I upgrade MC to a more up to date version? I've bought the new 19 when it will come out later. In the meantime how do I proceed to update MC 18??? Can I do it from within MC?

Thank you

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 01:41:17 pm »

Forgot to ask how do I upgrade MC to a more up to date version? I've bought the new 19 when it will come out later. In the meantime how do I proceed to update MC 18??? Can I do it from within MC?
Yes sure. Go Help=>Update Chanels=>Choose Latest. Repeat but then choose Checkfor Updates at the topo of the sub menu, if you are not set to automatically update. Most recent version is 18.0.212 for info. :)

wawaron

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 09:18:17 pm »

How or where do I find in MC what version I'm running. I know I purchased MC18 some months ago and recently pre purchased MC 19. But I would like to know what version of MC 18 I'm running. How and where??

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 09:26:48 pm »

Help > About Media Center.

The version is in the Top of the Popup Window...
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)
Pages: [1]   Go Up