INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art and Quitting  (Read 1283 times)

druism

• Recent member
Cover Art and Quitting
« on: August 12, 2013, 01:23:02 pm »

With 211 I have hit a snag with sorting the cover art which did not come across with the import of the library. I am pulling the correct covers for albums from the internet, where I can, and this works fine except for the most obscure recordings but some of the faulty results come from tags having large gaps inserted in words of artists or album title etc. I cannot find anything in common with these files and I have myriad sources for music files. CD rips tend to be with XLD, some tagging is done by KID3. For downloads iTunes does its own (or not), as does Linn and others. DVD rips use DVD Audio Extractor and so on. I am sure there are many reasons for tagging errors, leading to cover art errors and I hope that by correcting things manually in MC I am getting it all sorted properly, once and for all. However... when I have finished getting Cover Art and I go to Quit MC, I am told the Cover Art download tool is still active and I need to stop this before I can quit. I have tried a few things but nothing allows me to get out of MC except Force Quitting. Is this a bug or am I being dim? Drew

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art and Quitting
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 10:52:06 am »

I can't reproduce this.  I right-clicked a file and chose "Cover Art" / "Get from Internet" and selected a cover art image and clicked "Save cover art".  Then I closed Media Center and it closed normally.  Could you provide a sequence of steps to reproduce the problem?
Thanks.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

druism

• Recent member
Re: Cover Art and Quitting
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 12:33:19 pm »

Hi. No problem. Open and select Album view. Click on an album without cover art, click on the Image pallet button top left and select "Get from Internet". Repeat a dozen times, interspersed with choosing "Get from File" and selecting the image on my desk top. When finished, go to MC in dock and select Quit. Up jumps a warning: "Media Center can not perform this action while tools are running. Running tools: Get Cover Art. Please close any running tools and try again. OK"  

Right clicking does not work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up