INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CDs aren't recognized but BDs and DVDs work fine.  (Read 1681 times)

dvinzant

CDs aren't recognized but BDs and DVDs work fine.
« on: August 14, 2013, 09:48:01 am »

After a fresh default install of JRiver 18 on Windows 8 Pro, everything works fine with movies on Bluray and DVD but JRiver says there's no files on the disk in the drive when I insert a music CD.  Under Drives & Devices it shows 'Audio CD (D:)' but in the right pane says 'No files found on disc'.  I can do a directory of D: from CMD.EXE and can see the tracks on the music CD (Track01.cda - Track16.cda).  I tried 2 different drives, LG BH16NS40 and Panasonic PAN-UJ-265 with the same results.  Have tried with and without anyDVD HD being loaded.  Is there some place in the Options where I need to 'turn on' the use of music CDs?  I changed all the file associations to JRiver, but don't know what else to do.

Also - the 'eject' menu selection when I right click on D: under Drives & Devices doesn't work regardless of what type of disk is in the drive.

Getting frustrated.
Dave

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Re: CDs aren't recognized but BDs and DVDs work fine.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 11:39:10 am »

Do you have any programs that might try to take hold of the drive (AnyDVD etc...)  Or any Virtual Drive programs.

I find these can interfere with other programs trying to get a look at certain types of discs without seeming to affect other types.

Carl.

dvinzant

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 03:42:44 pm »

I've tried it with and without anyDVD.  That's the only program I can think of that might get in the way.  It was working a month or so ago.  I tried to rip a CD recently for the first time in a while and found the problem.

dvinzant

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 04:44:56 pm »

PROBLEM SOLVED (sort of) - for some reason JRiver 18 won't play or rip music CD's when the PC is being accessed via terminal services (MSTSC).  If you run the PC using a keyboard and monitor, it works fine.  If you access it remotely, it doesn't work.  Any idea why?  I can play movies via remote access, why can't I play music?
Pages: [1]   Go Up