INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I import Playlists from one SSD to another?  (Read 1009 times)

TS1972

• Recent member
How do I import Playlists from one SSD to another?
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:48:08 pm »

Hello

I recently built an audio pc based on the recipe that Item Audio (UK) publised in late 2012.
Sounds better in my view than my 2 year old CAPS 2.0 pc.  :)

However to get the new SSD to boot with new Intel motherboard I had to format the old C partion and re install windows 7 OS.
This rebuild also wiped my JRiver 18 and all my hard work in building my long Playlists... :(

I tried using 'tools' and auto import but no luck, is there a little file somewhere that stores playlist data that I could cut and paste from old SSD to new one please?

Regards

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do I import Playlists from one SSD to another?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 05:58:00 pm »

Tools Auto Import just adds music files on the hard drive into the MC library.
What you need to your old playlists is the MC library folder (usually C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 18\Library)
You could search for files with a .jmd extension to help in locating,  or a library backup, which would be a zip file.

TS1972

• Recent member
Re: How do I import Playlists from one SSD to another?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 09:21:49 pm »

Thanks for your advice, it worked.  8)

I found the file called playlistx.jmd. I imported them into JRiver app like this and for the benefit of others here is how I did that;
FILE, select ‘LIBARRY’ from the drop down menu, then  ‘RESTORE LIBRARY’. When the box appears in the middle of the screen press BROWSE. Find the folder location where the .jmd playlist or better still the whole ‘MC Library back’ up is located. Check both options boxes are ticked, finally select and press OK
The application will then restart.
What I found when I selected one of my old playlists was that the application was possibly a bit confused with the four hard drives I have in my desktop at present. Despite going into the options menu and telling JR where the music files where located it did not seem to remember.
Copied the latest MC  Library back up file on to a USB stick (200kb)
I followed the same process above with my dedicated audio pc and it worked perfectly. All my settings and playlists restored. Great ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up