INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Antivirus problem  (Read 2893 times)

chrisr

• Recent member
Antivirus problem
« on: August 15, 2013, 06:54:18 pm »

I realize this isn't a feature bug, but my antivirus software identified a virus in the .exe file:

infected item in: c:\users\rauch\appdata\local\temp\7zs426d.tmp\media jukebox\jrdisc.dll

Virus name: Gen:Variant.Ursnif.21
Digital: Playback Designs MPD-5 DAC, PC running JRiver
Amps: Halcro DM-10 pre, Krell FPB-400cx amp
Speakers: Wilson W/P 7 speakers, REL Stadium III sub
Cables: Nordost Valhalla PCs, ICs, SCs
Power: Furutech GTX-D(R) outlets, Nordost Thor conditioner, Dedicated 30A lines
Tweaks: HRS M3 isolation base
Home Theater: Oppo UDP-203 4K player, Anthem AVM60 processor, Krell FPB-450mcx center channel amp, Krell TAS amp (unique 7 channel), Wilson Watch center speaker

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Antivirus problem
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 07:41:14 pm »

I realize this isn't a feature bug, but my antivirus software identified a virus in the .exe file:

infected item in: c:\users\rauch\appdata\local\temp\7zs426d.tmp\media jukebox\jrdisc.dll

Virus name: Gen:Variant.Ursnif.21

Report it to the antivirus company.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 08:31:12 pm »

MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 03:43:12 am »

@chrisr -- I reported same to Bitdefender - , but after install just send the small jrdisc.dll file to them from the JR program file directory. Tickets take time and if a lot of people send the same file.

In the mean time set up an exclusion rule in the JR 19 program directory via BD. And Ignore the warning on download; put BD off for 5 minutes -- install and you'll be ok (until the next patch if BD doesn't get their act together soon).

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 02:56:22 pm »

In the mean time set up an exclusion rule in the JR 19 program directory via BD. And Ignore the warning on download; put BD off for 5 minutes -- install and you'll be ok (until the next patch if BD doesn't get their act together soon).

I tried the plan above and found that even when I set the AV off, the anti-virus shield continued to operate. I'm probably missing something obvious ... just not obvious to me.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 04:30:41 pm »

@chrisr -- I reported same to Bitdefender - , but after install just send the small jrdisc.dll file to them from the JR program file directory. Tickets take time and if a lot of people send the same file.

I tried the plan above and found that even when I set the AV off, the anti-virus shield continued to operate. I'm probably missing something obvious ... just not obvious to me.

I gave it another go and added an exclusion for extension jrdisc.dll (note, if you do this drop .dll and just use the filename sans extension). This seems to have made the difference.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 07:45:57 pm »

... even when I set the AV off, the anti-virus shield continued to operate.
They often do that.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Re: Antivirus problem [Solved .. for me anyway]
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 04:21:58 pm »

Arcturus

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 01:52:13 am »

Maybe its time to change your anti-virus. MSE Microsoft Security Essentials is free and by MS who makes your OS so might as well go with them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up