INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hello! :) asio4all, wasapi and asio driver question  (Read 3150 times)

gogobrent

hello! :) asio4all, wasapi and asio driver question
« on: August 16, 2013, 08:34:05 pm »

Hi, im gogobrent and im a big fan of the jriver software!
I really look forward to contribute to this helpful community! :-)

I own a pair of genelec monitors and recently bought the roland quad-capture usb audio interface.
I use this for producing and also for listening right now and have some isues with it in jriver.
This card supports up to 24bit 192khz. Now for some reason it doesn't seem to support 88,2khz / 176,4khz natively or any other then
44/48/96/192khz while using the stock asio drivers and wasapi. When i try to play one of the unsupported khz it asks me to use dps. I dont want that obviously i want it to be direct.

I know of asio4all so i downoaded it, installed it. I selected it in jriver and it worked. 
i know or ive heard that wasapi is always best, is this true? I also heard that the native asio drivers on the quadcapture are bitperfect too and should probably be even better then wasapi, is this true?

what is the influence of asio4all? Does it just bypass the khz limitations and is it the same as the native asio drivers? Difference in quality? Is it still direct? JRiver says it is...the asio4all tray icon also indicates te correct khz when playing a file .But the fact that there is a system tray icon concerns me lol for not beeing bitperfect..Should i just stay way from the unsupported khz
 files? Should i try other audiophile software then jriver (and i dont want this)? I mean is it jriver?

Its just really unhandy without asio4all
So to summarize:
Asio driver _> asio4all -> all khz work fine actually sound really good too its hard for me to hear huge difference  between asio4all and stock asio, but i cant test it probably rightnow.
Wasapi > quadcapture > only the standard khz work and get dsp message with other khz
Asio driver > quadcapture > only the standard khz work  get dsp message with other khz

My geuss is that the native asio drivers are the best its sounds insane :).
What would you guys suggest? Im also gonna try another play just tu be sure.
I must admit that its hard for me to hear huge difference between the three but if have to give a: winner hands down the stock asio drivers
It should be the most logical to right? Lol

Thanks in advance people!!

Ps - so the pefect world for me right now is one where i dont need asio4all and can just use the stock asio drivers and play al khz types , is this possible?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: hello! :) asio4all, wasapi and asio driver question
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 07:40:01 am »

Welcome to the forum.  The wiki has several topics on this.  You could start here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

ASIO4All is a wrapper around kernel streaming.  There is no advantage over kernel streaming.

True ASIO will usually only be available in a driver from the sound hardware manufacturer.

WASAPI or ASIO are usually the best choices.
Pages: [1]   Go Up