INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing playlists with Samsung S3  (Read 1696 times)

Iam Noone

Syncing playlists with Samsung S3
« on: August 17, 2013, 03:55:14 pm »

My first post on this forum. I have been dorking with updating playlists for months now and I cannot figure out why when I add  songs to a playlist in Media Center 18 and then sync my handheld the new songs do not show up on the playlist on the phone. the new songs are transferred to the phone but the playlist does not reflect the change. I have even gone into the phone and deleted all the playlists from the phone and the sd card to no avail. Any ideas???

Thank You
Iam Noone

poordude1089

Re: Syncing playlists with Samsung S3
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 10:12:07 pm »

I have a similar problem with my Note 2. I'm syncing songs to the phone's Micro SD card, and it reaches 99% complete after copying the last song, then it just sits there with 1 minute remaining.

I'm reasonably certain it's got something to do with the phone, because I can take the card out and put it alone into my old laptop and the sync operation works fine. That laptop burned out on me a month ago though, so that's no longer an option.

The songs are all present, but the playlists will randomly not show up on the phone, even though the files are there...

Iam Noone

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 10:53:30 pm »

Bingo...I am on my second phone first one had trouble connecting to the desktop. If I formatted my sd card and reloaded things work smoothly but if I try to do an incremental update the songs load but the playlists do not update. Seems like this should be a no-brainer but I am loading 40GB of music and do not want nor should I have to completely unload then reload everytime. I am using JRiver on my desktop, windows 7 64 bit OS. Any help out there????

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 10:27:00 am »

Same as I have been getting in my S4.  Roughly 6000 songs onto a 64GB sdcard.
Songs all copy fine, but only 2 of the 4 selected playlists appear.

Iam Noone

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 04:20:34 pm »

So do we just sit here and kvetch back and forth or does somebody who knows this stuff ever respond with some solutions?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 07:12:01 pm »

We have sent logs and screen shots to devs but no updates have addressed syncing yet and I haven't been asked to try anything different or to provide more logs.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
Re:
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 07:21:42 pm »

Clearly the more people that post here with the same issue helps isolate if its a MC bug, android bug, or a setting we all need to change.  How many S3 and S4 owners sync multiple times a week and have no issues?  I don't see any of them posting here.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
Re:
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 07:24:27 pm »

P.s. since most of the problems seem to be playlist related, would be nice if an option could be added to allow m3u playlists to be copied over instead of .plan format

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 08:07:52 pm »

I'm guessing that there is a problem and it's specific to certain phones, but we don't have the phones and we haven't had time to look at the problem.  Sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up