INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 Newbie questions  (Read 2746 times)

hidaven

• Recent member
3 Newbie questions
« on: August 19, 2013, 12:47:13 pm »

1.  How would one go about sticking a compliation cd with various artists into one folder album so that it all appears under one album?  I get 19 individual albums when I do it ......

2.  With double albums (2 discs) again, how can I get all songs under one album instead of 2 separate ones?  Id like to just have one album and have tracks 1-31 instead of 2 separate albums.

3.  I have been saving the albmum cover art in the same folder as the music.  Is this a good idea or can it hurt me down the road if I want to copy or transfer these albums onto my portable device.  Im encoding in FLAC.

Thanks so much!!!  Dave

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: 3 Newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 01:01:08 pm »

Please have a look at the following WIKI articles....

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_(Auto)

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/File_Properties_(tags)

Post any questions on anything you still need help with....

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

hidaven

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 01:45:50 pm »

figured out the various artist work around.......cant figure out how to make one big 30 track album instead of 2 smaller single albums when ripping a double CD album?  I have 2 single discs on my audio album section, can I combine them somehow  in the place where im storing the music or do I need to re rip differently?

Also, what about the question pertaining to the cover art?  Is there a best place to store it?

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 01:58:57 pm »

how to make one big 30 track album instead of 2 smaller single albums when ripping a double CD album?

Is there a value in the Disc # Tag? If there is no Disc# tag, and the Album tag is the same it should show as one album, there might be something else also, can't remeber and not at my JRiver pc now. As far as the Track numbers.. not sure how to renumber them, you will have 2 track #1s and so on.

Where the files are stored do not have an effect on the grouping of an ablum. You could have all your files in one folder, tagged properly, and Jr will display them properly.

Also, what about the question pertaining to the cover art?  Is there a best place to store it?

I embed my Flac cover art in the File and have a copy in the album's folder.

Ken

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 02:36:36 pm »

If the album name is the same for all files then they should appear under a single album.  (If you append "Disc 1, 2" or something like that then they will show up as separate albums)

As far as numbering all the files you can highlight / select all of the files  (Using either the Ctrl and / or shift keys).  Make sure they are in the numerical order you want them to be in (This is easier achieved if you have assigned Disc numbers and then sort on that column).

Then with all the files highlighted  'Right Click" on a highlighted file.  Then select "Library Tools", "Fill Track numbers from List Order"

This will renumber all the selected files from 1 - ###.

Hope that helps.

Carl.

hidaven

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 02:43:20 pm »

tried for an hour and cant figure it out......let me know once you get in front of your computer if you can.
I can erase disc 2 of 2 in the edit info panel but it seems to be encoded in the disc itself making it split into 2 discs.

Thanks

jctcom

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 02:47:17 pm »

If you select all the tracks in the album what is the "Album" tag set to?  If it says "Varies" then you need to change it to the album name.

Then follow my other instructions for renumbering.

Carl.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 02:48:56 pm »

In the tag window you can right click and choose to show all tags with values to make sure you are looking at all the tags. If you select all the tracks from both the albums and the look at the tags look for any that say "Varies". Might give a clue to which tag is holding you up. Some like Name, Track and others should say Varies of course.

Ken

hidaven

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 03:10:24 pm »

I set the album to "the wildlife concert" for both discs and it still seperates them and gives me 2 albums......
must be something else that's making them differ.....

jctcom

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 03:15:16 pm »

Did you do like I said?  Highlight all files from both discs at the same time?  Then tell me if the album is set to "Varies"?  if so then change it will all the files from both discs highlighted.

Carl.

hidaven

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 04:02:32 pm »

Woooooo Hoooooo!

Highlighting all together did the trick.  It did say "varies"  how I don't know as they were all the same??
Also the tip about changing the order number of the tracks was spot on!  Thank you all so much!!

One last question for the day : )))

I have a new Woo Audio WA7 and want to stream all my music from my computer to this DAC on the WA7.  Im assuming a usb out
from my computer (as well as downloading the woo PC drivers)  Is that it?  A simple USB out and select speaker type or do I need to have a sound card etc. that's compatible?

I only have 1392 more CD's to rip!!!  lol   Well, at least John Denvers happy  ; )  Thanks again!  Dave

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 04:23:49 pm »

I would open a new topic with this one.. you will get a better audience....

jctcom

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 04:37:32 pm »

Kensn is correct about opening a new topic for the new question.

As far as the names being the same before you highlighted all the files they probably weren't.  Maybe an extra space or one less in one of the titles or some other invisible character.  If you were allowing it to auto-complete as you typed it may have looked the same be was actually different.

Sorry don't know anything about DAC's etc...  (yet)

Carl.
Pages: [1]   Go Up