INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ROKU Channel/ APP  (Read 5767 times)

lh1473

• Recent member
ROKU Channel/ APP
« on: August 22, 2013, 05:38:12 am »

Hi,

Just a suggestion, but has there been any work on creating an MC channel/ app for ROKU?  I've been a long-time MC user and I would love to have an MC Theater View-like interface and access to my music playlists and metadata streamed to my entertainment center.  Right now PLEX seems to be the best option, but it is really lacking in music playback and MC could pick up a lot of its slack.  I (at least) would definitely cough up some $$ for MC on ROKU!

Keep up the good work!

catskillglen

Re: ROKU Channel/ APP
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 02:00:11 pm »

I'm very interested in seeing this happen too.  Has anyone created a Roku Private Channel to test this as an app?

ashman5

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 11:01:11 am »

Interested as well.

SteveMA

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 01:08:36 pm »

Got my vote also!!

PrinterPrinter

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 03:56:08 am »

Yep,
My vote too!

BillZ260

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 02:52:10 pm »

+1

Rokus on all my other TV's.

New to MC, looking forward to playing with it.

danserver

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 07:31:41 pm »

+1

Rokus on all my other TV's.

New to MC, looking forward to playing with it.

Hi, I would love to see The Roku private app Also. I got the Roku and The J.R. DLNA server side working for some time now. That allows me to stream any of my recorded content to the PCs and or Phones.
Just now getting 2 HD Homerun units (6 tuners) recording TV on the J.R. server. For 2 months i have been using WMC for recording and veiwing live TV. Testing the TV recording side of J.R. fine so far. HD Homerun allowed me to get rid of 4 analog cable boxes. 2 were dedicated for recording. For the TV viewing side i am using HDHR Fling.for Roku. It also has a TV Guide. The down side is that HDHR looks to have died in it's development. To make this happen i am using two Core 2 Duos PCs one for HDHR and the other for J.R.

J.R. already seems to have all the software horsepower to make this happen.

So 2 things are needed:

A dedicated app for J.R. to select, tune and stream live TV from the server for us Roku fans.

A Upgrade to the Gizmo / Web-server side of the fence for the same function.

talon454

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 07:57:30 pm »

I'm interested too.

wildcatknh

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 03:56:36 am »

Definitely interested in this as well.  I am currently using the Plex app on Roku, but have read about a lot of security issues with Plex and am looking for an alternative.

Would really love to see a JRiver app on Roku. 
HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23
XBox One X | LG OLED 55B7A | Sony STR-DN1080 AVR

FreeJAC

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 04:48:22 pm »

I also have Roku XboxOne Xbox 360 and PS3 as playback devices. Not a customer yet but eager to dump Windows Media Center and move to JRiver Media Center. Having it work on Roku would put it over the top for me!

BTW.... There is a DLNA client for Roku called chaneru has anyone tried it? Apparently it works quite well with WMS once you tinker with the profiles. I am just wondering if that would be an option for JR MC.

thx

FreeJAC

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 09:41:00 pm »

+1 as I hadn't thought of using the old Roku 2 and 3 devices as I have in the other room!
Pages: [1]   Go Up