INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot get a "multi" CD rip session going here...  (Read 1254 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Cannot get a "multi" CD rip session going here...
« on: August 22, 2013, 07:16:02 am »

Morning,

Using 18.0.212 - if I rip one audio CD in secure mode - all goes well. But I want to do another right after the first - even tho MC asks me to insert another - nothing seems to happen. I insert the CD...click Refresh and nothing. I have my "disc" behavior for the insertion of an Audio CD set to "rip" in Options but still no joy.

One thing is I do have MC set to display the Rip log onscreen AFTER the rip and I am wondering if that's causing an issue. I cannot seem to find the spot to turn the display of the log off tho...

What am I doing wrong?

VP

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Re: Cannot get a "multi" CD rip session going here...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 12:20:45 pm »

I was having this issue in MC18.  In MC19 it gives me the window in the lower right notification window and when I click on "Close" the Securerip info window pops up and that allows me to close it which allows me to rip the next CD.

I don't remember if it would have been possible to get to that in MC18.  Check on the lower right and see if there is a "CD Ripping" window available there.

The other thing that helped me was turning off the auto eject which seemed to help.  Also if you minimize and maximize a couple of times sometimes you can get that securerip dialogue up and close it.  If all else fails Closing MC18 (From the taskbar) will produce the dialogue which you can close and then re-opening MC18 and continue ripping.

Something I did not try when I had MC18.  In MC19 in "Options", "CD, DVD & BD" under each drive there is a "Copy Mode: Secure"  I am pretty sure if you turn this off it will resolve this issue for you as a work-around.

Carl.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 12:37:58 pm »

Carl,

Thanks for the update. Couple things tho - I need "secure" to be on. Without it - there is no point in ripping within MC. I do have Auto Eject on. As far as the Secure Rip dialog...that pops just fine and I can close it just fine. But then I should be able to insert another disc and carry on with the next rip.

As I mentioned - I can put in the disc - but MC will not see it or "refresh" to it in any way. My only option is just down MC and start over...a PITA to be sure.

VP

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 12:43:06 pm »

Not sure what else to say.  I only had this issue when the "Secure Rip" dialogue did not pop up after the rip was finished.

I would still try turning off the "Secure Rip" as a test to see if the issue persists or not?

Carl.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 12:56:54 pm »

Not sure what else to say.  I only had this issue when the "Secure Rip" dialogue did not pop up after the rip was finished. I would still try turning off the "Secure Rip" as a test to see if the issue persists or not? Carl.

Yep - will do. Will also see what happens with Auto eject turned off as well.

Cheers!

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up