INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Sync Library" function  (Read 1027 times)

chriswatson

• Junior Woodchuck
"Sync Library" function
« on: August 23, 2013, 12:15:13 pm »

Hi,

I am interested in syncing two MC 18 Windows systems across the internet. It looks like tool "Sync Library" under tools on the "Main Library" view does this? I have tried creating a "clone" and/or a backup of the main library. I then copied all the files over to the same drive letter/location on the second system. I can bring that server up and that works fine. When I go to "Sync Library" it connects to the other machine and then starts to copy all 27,000 music files into the top level of my music directory without placing it in the group/album directory. It also seems to want to copy ALL of my music rather than syncing only the changed or new files.

I have looked in the documentation and this feature doesn't seem to be documented yet. http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Synchronize_Libraries
" Library Sync ...This option is available via File/Library/Library Sync...
To do "

I have looked in the forum and I haven't found anything that matches using this exact function and how to use it.

Any ideas on how to get this (or something else) to work to actually/automatically keep two MC's syncing as peers across the internet?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up