INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X10 RF Remote  (Read 2253 times)

v_erich

• World Citizen
X10 RF Remote
« on: August 24, 2013, 05:41:19 am »

Hi,

I have an Medion X10 RF Remote 20016398 with USB receiver here.
Unfortunately its not working with JRiver 19
Is there a possibility to use it with JRiver without "external" software liker girder/eventghost/...

Thanks and best regards,
Erich

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Using the "powerful all-round remote control configuration center"
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 06:41:18 am »

Although I have the same remote here it cannot test it because for some reason I can't get the receiver work any more :( When I last tried to use it I was very disappointed because it only worked in a range round one Meter of the receiver. No it doesn't even work at shortest distance.

But to answer your question :) For me this remote was working with MC18. I guess your remote is working, means you are able to adjust the windows volume using your remote?! When it does it should be able to do many fancy things with MC which all can be configured for your personal need within MC!

When I played around with it I learned MC itself is much more powerful than girder (at least when it comes to control MC itself). Try to play around with Tools -> Options -> Remote Control. Do NOT click next in their BUT click to Commands. You find it underlined at the lower left. JRiver has hidden a very "powerful all-round Remote control configuration center" (thats how they should have named it  8)). You will be able to configure what happens if you use any remote button. Start clicking to "Start Learning". If you hit any remote button right after, you should see MC learning the button press with something like "Learned (MCE_...)".

If you get strange thing after learning commands you can use the "Edit" button to select "Supress system handling during this command". As you perhaps know from Girder you can even make MC start another program on button press or send other fancy commands.

v_erich

• World Citizen
Re: X10 RF Remote
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 06:46:05 am »

If you hit any remote button right after, you should see MC learning the button press with something like "Learned (MCE_...)".

And here is my problem in JRiver 19, no reaction on pressing a button on the remote.
When I use Eventghost, everything is recogniced.

My system is Windows 8 Pro 64Bit German.

Thanks,
Erich

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 07:11:58 am »

Although I have the same remote here it cannot test it because for some reason I can't get the receiver work any more :( When I last tried to use it I was very disappointed because it only worked in a range round one Meter of the receiver. No it doesn't even work at shortest distance.
Batteries?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 09:07:23 am »

Batteries?
For me it is NOW something driver related. It WAS some hardware related bug, since the former internal Receiver was able to receive signals from far more than ten Meters even through walls. When I transformed it to external it didn't work any more.

No need to investigate further. Stole me quiet much time, but I now use other solutions (some other rf and other ir solutions).

My system is Windows 8 Pro 64Bit German.
Some time ago I had it working on Win 8 Pro 64bit. But it was MC18 as I said. Do you know if it's working there?

Is perhaps some application stealing the signals, so that MC cannot receive them?

v_erich

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 10:07:00 am »

I tried with the latest v18 (installed for that), its also not working there.

Regards,
Erich

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 05:05:45 pm »

I tried with the latest v18 (installed for that), its also not working there.
For me it was working there. Only guess I have: is there any application catching all input so MC cannot get it? I don't Eventghost, but is it possible that this application is still running and gets all signals so that no other program (including MC) can get them?

v_erich

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 03:11:38 am »

Hi,

Eventghost is not running, I found nothing in the tastmamanger (also services).
Hmmm...

Regards,
Erich
Pages: [1]   Go Up