INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Runtime error on loading MC 18, may be related to Facebook & Twitter "flags"  (Read 1987 times)

e770

Hello Forum,

I just started usiing MC 18 on a Windows XP machine (SP2). On starting the program I get three successive error messages. The first one is:

A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debug?

Line 2
    Error: Function expected.

If I click 'no' then the next message is very similar, but says:

Line 0
Error: 'document.body' is null or not an object

The third arror message is just a repeat of one of the two above. They appear at the same time as the little "flags" for Facebook, Twitter and Share, and seem to be associated with them. (I'd gladly be rid of all three, but can't find a way to switch them off.)

If I'm to buy a licence for this program, then it has to be free of niggling and confidence-sapping errors like this. Ideas anyone?

Thanks,

e770.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

That may be some kind of problem with the browser.  Someone else had a similar problem.  It was solved by switching the browser engine in MC.  It's under options for Startup.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

I saw the same thing once.  IE was the selected browser.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

e770

Thanks very much, your suggestion was correct. I changed the browser option in J River to chrome, and the problem went away.

Although I use an up to date Firefox for browsing on the computer with J River installed, the default browser remains IE 7 (I never got around to changing the setting). I guess that explains it.

Simon C.

phiba

I am having the same problem in MC19.

The error I get is "Error - A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line 0 - Error: 'document.body' is null or not an object'". I click "No" and the same message appears a 2nd time. I click "No" again, and the error disappears, and the program runs normally. It happens every time I make a change to the setup in MC19 and then save it.

I am running Windows XP SP3 and IE7. Google Chrome is set as my default browser. When I go in MC19 to Tools > Options > Startup, I don't see any place to select or change the browser engine. I looked in all the other Options categories as well, and searched the Wiki, all without results. Any suggestions? I am in the process of upgrading to IE8 in case that might help.

It would be nice to have this solved before stepping up to buy the software, as it is somewhat annoying.

Thanks!

phiba

Forum member glynor helped me out in the MC19 forum, thank you!

In MC19, the browser engine is set at Tools > Options > Tree & View > Web Browser.

Changing the browser engine from IE to Chromium solved the problem. No more errors! :o ;D

I suspect it has something to do with running Windows XP SP3 and IE7 instead of more recent versions.

Also, it does seem associated with the Facebook, Twitter, Google, and/or Share links, as the error was coming just as those buttons appeared on the screen.

Anyway, one more happy camper here!
Pages: [1]   Go Up