INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All my music files are being deleted from the root of \\Server\Music...  (Read 4430 times)

pulsedream

Hello everyone.  I have been running MC for many many years and all of a sudden I noticed that over 7000 files are gone.  I went to the WHS and looked in the root of the Music folder and sure enough, all of the music files are gone and the only files there are "field(varies).jmd files.  What have I and MC 15 done to cause this to start happening?  This will be the 3rd restore from backup to get my music back.  It does not seem to touch the folders on the share ex. \\server\music\AllmanBrothers\various tracks.mp3's are fine.  The files being targeted are on the root of the music folder.  I am at a loss, I cannot find any setting that would allow wholesale deletion of files within MC 15.  Any Ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: All my music files are being deleted from the root of \\Server\Music...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 06:08:07 pm »

Don't put the database in the same directory as the media.  There were cases in old versions, where MC would clean a directory to do certain things.  It could have caused this kind of problem.

pulsedream

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 09:29:19 am »

Good morning Jim,
Sorry to bother you with this but I cannot find the option to relocate the library  I ment database - from the root of Music to elsewhere.  You did mention that the newer versions of MC do not do this.  Would purchasing an upgrade solve my problems?  Thank you in advance for your reply.  This application is awesome and I do not know why it started all of a sudden but I do not care if I can make this issue go away.  It runs all the time and never causes any issues.  That is one of the reasons that I have not upgraded as it is (was) rock solid.  Thank you again for everything. :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 10:20:33 am »

You could use the Library Manager tools to set up a new library in a different location.

The problem you may have was rarely seen but was fixed in MC17, I believe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up