INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone Playback Issues  (Read 1384 times)

Hew

Zone Playback Issues
« on: August 24, 2013, 10:27:18 pm »

I have a server set up with a zone and want to use a laptop to control the zone. However, when I switch to the zone on my laptop, Playing Now shows only the currently playing file and also shows that file as an mp3 file.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Zone Playback Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 10:46:50 am »

If you click on the zone then go into "Audio" and play a song does it play to that zone as expected? 

Also, if it's not an mp3 file what is it?  You could look to see if MC is converting it here.
Tools > Options > Media Network > Client Options > Audio Conversion
Adam Thompson, JRiver

Hew

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 07:16:20 pm »

If you click on the zone then go into "Audio" and play a song does it play to that zone as expected? 

Also, if it's not an mp3 file what is it?  You could look to see if MC is converting it here.
Tools > Options > Media Network > Client Options > Audio Conversion

Yes it will play to the zone as expected. The files are usually wav or flac files. I Also have Audio Conversion set to "Don't convert audio".

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 08:51:02 am »

Ah! I understand now.  I'm not exactly sure it why it behaves that way and I can see how that would be confusing.  In any case, to fix it make sure you have your server's library loaded on your laptop.  Below the zones there's a "Playing from..." dropdown.  Select the library and click "Load Library".  Let me know if you have any more questions.
Adam Thompson, JRiver
Pages: [1]   Go Up