INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to save files & settings in MC before I do a factory restore on my Laptop  (Read 835 times)

Soshanna

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello!  8)

I am afraid I might be having to do a factory restore on my computer since I have an issue with a virus or something. I have some calls into people to get some help and I am trying to avoid that at all costs, but if it does come to that my main concern is being able to transfer all of MC's files and SETTINGS over to the newly restored computer. 

I suppose it would be like getting a new computer, but I am not at all familiar on how to do any of this. I just want to check all the boxes before I jump into anything and end up losing all the organization and information I have put into my music files & tags.  I know it cant be as simple as just doing a back up of your library and then restoring it, can it?   ?

By the way, I am not very computer friendly, so bare with me and if you do have some tips or information for me, please use step by step instructions please.  :-[   Thanks much. 

Don't fix it if it ain't broken!  If it's broken and you can't fix it, shoot it!

whatsup

• Junior Woodchuck

Do a backup of your library....at the top of mc under file library back up...and you on your way. well and of course have your music files backed up as well. and be sure to save the backup file before u reinstall....good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up