INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import problem  (Read 1106 times)

Don W

• World Citizen
Import problem
« on: August 28, 2013, 10:36:09 am »

I have been using MC 19 for a couple weeks. Yesterday I was listening to an album which I selected in theater view from a list of several albums of a specific artist. When it ended I looked at the display and saw that the album art in playing now was missing. Just black where the image should be. Then I navigated back to the artist's list of albums and all but 2 of the expected 10 were gone. Vanished. Including the one that was playing. They were all there when I started playing the album. Then I looked all through my library and could not find them anywhere, including File view. I also noticed that several other albums of other artists were missing.

I sat down an was pondering this when I noticed that MC was very busy "updating tags". In the status bar on the bottom, it would say something like "updating tags for 100 files" then it would quickly count down to 0. Then it would start with another set of tags to update. As I watched this I also noticed that the view was updating, filling in. After a time all my albums were back in the library. However, all the play statistics were gone like Last Played and Number Plays. One of the strange things about this is that not all of my albums were affected, just a subset. I don't know why.

I can recover the lost play statistics by recovering a backup. But I need to know how to prevent this automatic removal and re-importing of albums/tracks so it doesn't keep happening. Is it a bug or is it intended behavior?

Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Import problem
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 10:41:03 am »

When you upgrade, MC19 will find your old library and convert it.  Thumbnails are rebuilt.

It sounds like MC is doing a fresh import for whatever reason, but you can restoring a backup.

Don W

• World Citizen
Re: Import problem
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 11:39:20 am »

I upgraded a couple weeks ago and it went smoothly. This just happened yesterday. What kind of thing could cause MC to remove items from the library then re-import them? Will it happen again and again?
Pages: [1]   Go Up