INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Squeezebox/Media Center song rating syncronization.  (Read 2664 times)

jmacknmo

• Recent member
Squeezebox/Media Center song rating syncronization.
« on: August 28, 2013, 12:54:58 pm »

I have been using a Squeezebox for years & just recently discovered JRiver MC. So far things are going well but I was wondering is there a way to sync my ratings between MC & LMS & then back up the ratings? If I move the music to a different drive or folder, will the ratings follow? Where & how are the ratings stored? For years I have rated my music in LMS but when I moved to a new computer I lost all my ratings. Should have figured out how to back them up by now, but...

Thanks for your help.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Squeezebox/Media Center song rating syncronization.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 02:28:01 pm »

I think user vagskal might be doing this, but I'm not sure.  I don't use ratings, so can't provide much help here.

MC does write out the field Rating, so it is available.  I don't think LMS writes its rating values to files, but instead to the LMS database.  So you'd need to use one of erland's plugins (I think he has a track rating plugin) to write out the values, but it might be a multi-step operation.

Maybe vagskal will see this thread and respond.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrC

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 02:35:41 pm »

jmacknmo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 10:48:06 pm »

Thanks MrC. I looked at your link. It tells where the Squeezebox TrackStat backups are. How are the stats stored in MC & are they in the same format?
Looking into it, it appears that the ratings will not follow a move, as with the playlists.  :( I guess I better make sure my music is properly organized before rating them. :-[

MrC

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 11:42:43 pm »

I was hoping someone would chime in with an answer.  :-)

MC's stock Rating field is simply the tag called "Rating".  It stores an integer value,  from 0 - 5.  It can be imported so long as it is in the file tags.  But any tag in a file should be importable. 

Otherwise, another technique will be needed to import the ratings from the trackstat database.

vagskal

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 01:33:09 am »

I was hoping someone would chime in with an answer.  :-)

Sorry, I also do not rate songs. I would, however, have liked to import the number of plays and last played information from SBS to MC, but I could not figure out how.

jmacknmo

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 10:49:58 pm »

So what do you guys do to gather together, or note songs that you like & want to play again? I use playlists & ratings but is there a better, simpler method?  :-\

vagskal

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 02:57:40 am »

I usually listen to complete albums. I have imported the album ratings from Allmusic Guide (because most of the time I agree) and I have imported data from many best albums ever lists. I even have a weighted score for each album appearing on any list - there is a thread about how I did this with the help of MrC.

Number of previous plays is also a good indicator of how popular I find an album.
Pages: [1]   Go Up