INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car Radio Smartlist  (Read 1465 times)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Car Radio Smartlist
« on: August 30, 2013, 11:54:34 am »

A separate thread for this got zero replies, so I'm going to move forward with this being a bug needing reported:

I have added a smartlist to the Car Radio set that is supposed to play Podcasts in order from most recent.  On it's own, the smartlist functions as expected but, when clicking on the Car Radio preset containing the smartlist, the tracks are always played in a random order.

The smartlist couldn't be much simpler:
[Media Sub Type]="Podcast" ~sort=[Date]-d

I used to always get the latest news podcast first, so I don't think I was having this problem before upgrading to MC19, but can't swear it coincided with the version upgrade.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Car Radio Smartlist
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 01:09:09 pm »

A separate thread for this got zero replies, so I'm going to move forward with this being a bug needing reported:

I have added a smartlist to the Car Radio set that is supposed to play Podcasts in order from most recent.  On it's own, the smartlist functions as expected but, when clicking on the Car Radio preset containing the smartlist, the tracks are always played in a random order.

The smartlist couldn't be much simpler:
[Media Sub Type]="Podcast" ~sort=[Date]-d

I used to always get the latest news podcast first, so I don't think I was having this problem before upgrading to MC19, but can't swear it coincided with the version upgrade.

How did you save a smartlist as a Car Radio preset?  Normally they're either fixed lists or Play Doctor lists.

Also, have you double-checked your shuffle mode?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Car Radio Smartlist
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 03:22:36 pm »

I copied a smartlist into the Car Radio playlist group and then renamed it to fit the Car Radio naming convention and it just worked.  It was be nice if users didn't have to use a workaround, but I'm happy it works at all.

It turns out the Shuffle Mode was set to Automatic.  I didn't do that so it must have been set as a default during an upgrade installation.  Changing it to off solved the problem.  BTW- Shuffle Automatic seems to be an undocumented feature as far as I can find in the Wiki.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Car Radio Smartlist
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 03:27:39 pm »

It turns out the Shuffle Mode was set to Automatic.  I didn't do that so it must have been set as a default during an upgrade installation.  Changing it to off solved the problem.  BTW- Shuffle Automatic seems to be an undocumented feature as far as I can find in the Wiki.

Automatic Shuffle leaves single album playback in order and shuffles everything else.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Car Radio Smartlist
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 05:45:08 pm »

Automatic Shuffle leaves single album playback in order and shuffles everything else.
That's a good feature to have.  I wonder if it would be a good idea to also leave playlists with a defined sorting order alone too?
Pages: [1]   Go Up