INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crashing & trial expired  (Read 1834 times)

Phatty

Crashing & trial expired
« on: September 01, 2013, 12:49:04 pm »

Greetings.

I could never get the program to stay open for longer than a minute or two without crashing. Tried installing the latest beta and the trial is expired.

I understand the program is stable for many and it's probably something on my end (recent mac mini, 4gb ram, OS 10.8.2, dedicated music server) but I'd like to be able to give the software a shot. Anything I can do to A) get a renewed trial, and B) debug my system so the program can run?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Crashing & trial expired
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 01:50:48 pm »

There's no way to extend the trial.  Sorry.

Phatty

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 10:29:22 pm »

that's nuts. how can one 'trial' a program that wont stay open longer than a minute? you're basically kissing me off as customer forever, since surely no one would pay for a product that never worked.

You know, best case scenario is I'm honest and sincere, and you help me get your product working and I like it and buy it an become a customer for life. Worst case scenario is that I'm trying to scam you out of another free week or so of buggy beta use.

Is the worst case scenario really too great a gamble to entertain?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 08:02:56 am »

I'm sorry for the problem, but our licensing needs to be reasonably tight.  Maybe you could try it on another machine.

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 08:29:17 am »

Why not purchase it? It's very, very cheap anyway. And you can be pretty certain that your your problems will be fixed if you run it and manage to get some log file results. You can also be pretty certain that the program will evolve very much from the point it is today.

Or you can try the application on another machine.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Phatty

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 09:49:17 am »

Why not purchase it? It's very, very cheap anyway. And you can be pretty certain that your your problems will be fixed if you run it and manage to get some log file results. You can also be pretty certain that the program will evolve very much from the point it is today.

Or you can try the application on another machine.

But I don't want to run it on another machine, I want to run it on my modern stripped-down dedicated music server. The machine that, by design, should be the least buggy.

And why should I have any certainty of satisfaction in the face of the utter disregard for satisfaction evidenced so far?

I'm sorry for the problem, but our licensing needs to be reasonably tight.  Maybe you could try it on another machine.

Sorry Jim, but that's "unreasonably" tight.

But I understand, any chance to leave a potential customer with nothing good to say about his experience with your company, you gotta take it. [/sarcasm]

Sorry for my frustrations folks, but it is what it is.

Phatty

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 10:41:29 am »

But understand that the Mac version is very very fresh. There's got to be some issues so early in a Windows to Mac port process.

Understood, and slamming the beta was not my intent. Utilizing it was.

If it was a easy way of letting you have months upon months of trial periods...

Not what I desired. What I wanted was about a week or two extension...

OR turn on logging and send the result to JRiver so they can fix the issue for other users as well.

To do just that.

Being overly protective of a beta seems to fail both side's objectives, no?

As for a month being enough for most, I don't deny that. For myself, this is my busy season at work and I'm barely at home. When I do get to listen and play it's late at night and with exhaustion. Not a good time for tech work for a non techie like myself. Not a good time to embark on a trail period, I admit, and never would I have had I know that the software would be wholly unstable, and the support wholly unsympathetic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up