INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bitstreaming Problem  (Read 1628 times)

05Goat

• Recent member
Bitstreaming Problem
« on: September 01, 2013, 10:28:34 pm »

I've read everything on it. It was bitstreaming great now for some reason instead of DTS MA /DD True HD,it just comes up as multichannel. I've tried every setting I know. If I try to bitstream it just throws up an error saying to go into DSP and pick the correct setting. I don't understand what is going on. I'm using a HTPC and an Onkyo 818. I had no issues for a long time then all of the sudden this happens. Its happening in MC18 and 19.. Anyone have any suggestions?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bitstreaming Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 12:30:50 pm »

Did you read this?
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DTS_WAV
And (from Wiki)
If you do not enable bitstreaming MC will automatically decode TrueHD soundtracks with no other configuration required. However, to decode DTS-HD you need to copy the "dtsdecoderdll.dll" from an installation of Arcsoft TMT installation to one of the following folders: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 18\Plugins\lav, or C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 18, or Windows\System32 folder for Windows 7 32-bit / Windows\SysWOW64 folder for Windows 7 64 bit The Windows system folder locations are probably best as these will survive updates, upgrades and reinstallation of MC, but you may use whichever you prefer. If you do not have a copy of the Arcsoft TMT DTS decoder you will still get sound, but MC will decode the regular (non-HD) DTS track instead of DTS-HD.

You can check that TrueHD or DTS-HD is being decoded properly using Audio Path.

05Goat

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 03:33:57 pm »

Thank you. But why didn't I ever have to do that before?

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 04:08:38 pm »

You don't need dtsdecoder.dll when bitstreaming DTS MA/TrueHD. Your problem is that mc doesn't bitstream.
If it would, your receiver should display DTS MA and not multichannel. MC tries to decode DTS MA. That's the reason why mc tells you to set up DSP settings. Therefore you need dtsdecoder.dll
There has been some minor changes with WASAPI output. Wasapi exclusive setting has changed for example.
You have to check your output settings again.

I have no problems with DTS MA-> Bitstreaming->WASAPI Exclusive Mode active.

My picture down below shows audio settings for one of my zones. Bitstreaming active.
Sorry for german language in the picture.  ;)
Output: WASAPI , but now you have to select the first option (picture) to activate exclusive mode.

(I know the picture shows spdif= no bitstreaming DTS MA. But i have the same settings with HDMI and bitstreaming DTS MA works just fine)

Check your output mode again.
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2
Pages: [1]   Go Up