INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to keep theater view always on top?  (Read 2213 times)

akajester

How to keep theater view always on top?
« on: September 02, 2013, 09:26:06 am »

First, hello from a new forum member! I'm trying the demo of JRiver MC right now. I'm hoping to use it to drive my HTPC. The audio options are simply exquisite! thank you.

Now for my question. I searched around and couldn't find an already posted solution that works.

My htpc requires using powerstrip. Powerstrip loads after jriver MC and therefore the windows start bar shows on the bottom and jriver isn't the primary focus, thus remote functions don't work.

I've tried all sorts of things here and nothing seems to work. I used to use Media Portal that had an option to "always stay on top". How would I do this with jriver MC?

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How to keep theater view always on top?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 09:56:39 am »

Welcome.

Do you have an MCE remote?  If so, the Green Button should show Theater View and bring it to the top.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

akajester

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 01:02:11 pm »

Thanks for the response Matt. I have a Logitech Harmony remote that I'm using, programmed as a MCE remote.

I've thought about using a third party application to delay the launch of jriver mc. That would be a simple fix.

akajester

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 08:33:07 am »

Any other ideas? How hard would it be to build a delayed start or "always keep on top" feature into MC?

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 08:58:21 am »

To allways keep JRiver on top would be kind of frustrating for users trying to access other apps. So it's not the best idea imo.

You could easily create some batch files to launch the programs on startup. I don't remember the exact code, but it would go something like this. Check the syntax and do some googling if it do not work.

@ECHO OFF
C:\Program Files (x86)\powerstrip\powerstrip.exe
TIMEOUT /T 10
C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 19\Media Center 19.exe

Create a StartApps.bat file with this content. Create a Scheduled task under Control Panel. Give it a name, make sure the "Hidden" check box is selected. Set the Trigger as "At Log On" and action to "Run Program" and point it to the batch file. That should launch the Powerstrip 10 seconds prior to JRiver MC.

I can't guarantee anything though. Don't have the time to test it now :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

akajester

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 04:16:41 pm »

To allways keep JRiver on top would be kind of frustrating for users trying to access other apps. So it's not the best idea imo.

You could easily create some batch files to launch the programs on startup. I don't remember the exact code, but it would go something like this. Check the syntax and do some googling if it do not work.

@ECHO OFF
C:\Program Files (x86)\powerstrip\powerstrip.exe
TIMEOUT /T 10
C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 19\Media Center 19.exe

Create a StartApps.bat file with this content. Create a Scheduled task under Control Panel. Give it a name, make sure the "Hidden" check box is selected. Set the Trigger as "At Log On" and action to "Run Program" and point it to the batch file. That should launch the Powerstrip 10 seconds prior to JRiver MC.

I can't guarantee anything though. Don't have the time to test it now :)

This is an interesting idea. I'll try it out. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up