INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to control the contents of "description" balloons?  (Read 984 times)

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
How to control the contents of "description" balloons?
« on: September 03, 2013, 03:42:11 pm »

As the topic title suggests - For example, when I point the mouse on a (movie) video in my list, the description balloon pops up to display filename, path, year and (if present) any details I have entered into the "description" field. Similar for music titles, plus record cover etc.

If however the field contains lots of data the info balloon can become obtrusive, blocking the view on the list. Obviously, not all of those infos popping up are needed when I browse a list/view, many are only used for advanced sorting, views & playlists - or is already shown in the list view columns, thus unnecessarily duplicated in the balloon.

So is there a way to control the contents of the balloon tip to only show the details I want?

Thanks in advance, as always ;-)
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: How to control the contents of "description" balloons?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 03:51:50 pm »

I don't think so.

Last week I was going to suggest in one of the build threads that the overlapping tool tips need some adjustment.  A file list cell tool tip can be occluded by the media-specific tool tip.

The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up