INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Magnetosphere for JRiver  (Read 2033 times)

sigpaw

• Recent member
Magnetosphere for JRiver
« on: September 04, 2013, 03:50:59 pm »

I realize that Magnetosphere is only bundled with iTunes. However the Windows download for iTunes (provided on-line in a few places) most probably extracts to a .dll and some odds and ends.

Has anyone toyed with stimulating the .dll? Does it require QuickTime to display its various function outputs? Since we have the means to interface to MC HERE, the big job would be providing the missing elements between The iTunes plug-in and MC...

Anyone out there working along these lines?

I'm a programmer of some 45 years and would enjoy working on this - but would be easier and more fun with a group.

'Sig

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Magnetosphere for JRiver
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 04:21:30 pm »

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sigpaw

• Recent member
Re: Magnetosphere for JRiver
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 10:29:36 pm »

Thanks for the links! I already purchased G-Force Platinum - and I have been wanting MilkDrop as well, so I will also install that one.

I don't know if you have ever watched Magnetosphere, but it is AMAZING. I'd probably have never left iTunes if they supported flac files. Not that it is better than MC (cuz its NOT). But I got accustomed quickly to their cover-flow UI and their visualizer ROCKS.

On second thought, now that I've upgraded to a 32 Bit Sabre DAC and ML E-Stats I probably would have eventually left iTunes. I needed 192khz 24bit decoding as well as "play from memory" capability for all of my HDTracks music purchases. ;-)

'sig
Pages: [1]   Go Up