INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo playing now screen  (Read 29041 times)

robgil

• World Citizen
Re: Gizmo playing now screen
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2014, 03:20:48 pm »

Foobarcon does that, you can swipe the cover art and it changes to the track listing, swipe again and it changes to biography. Another neat trick is the progress bar, one touch and it changes to a volume control. Its a good way to get more options out of a small space.

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: AW: Re: Gizmo playing now screen
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2014, 04:06:18 pm »

Foobarcon does that, you can swipe the cover art and it changes to the track listing, swipe again and it changes to biography. Another neat trick is the progress bar, one touch and it changes to a volume control. Its a good way to get more options out of a small space.

Sounds very nice! Hoped, Gizmo could do similar!

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2014, 05:11:03 am »

After fidling with the ratings for two days to get them to look good on high dpi screens as well as older phone screens, in landscape and portrait, i posted a new Gizmo version here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87063.0
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2014, 05:31:02 am »

Very nice! The bit in the options, that is! ;) Thanks a lot for letting me opt out, Hendrik!
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2014, 05:45:58 am »

i posted a new Gizmo version

Many thanks Hendrik. I will take a look at it later.

Gizmo (and TheaterView) still do not support dynamic banner scrolling of long track name, or artist name texts. Presently if you have such a long text it is truncated which looks awful. So for me this would be the next improvement request for the now playing screen. (PS also for TheaterView).
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2014, 05:53:06 am »

Android supports this natively, so adding it should be easy. Theater View would probably require some work, since its an animation and requires timers and whatnot.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2014, 06:04:20 am »

I would very much second that wish! It would look much better. Btw has there been any discussion of the font size? For me the track number could very well be a bit smaller, maybe 25 %. It looks unnecesary large, at least on my S4. Something in between what it is now and the size of the second line would be very nice, I think. :)

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #157 on: January 28, 2014, 06:48:10 am »

The stars look seriously pro on my Galaxy S3. Sweet work.

Thanks
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #158 on: January 28, 2014, 06:53:31 am »

The screen updates are great, Hendrik.

You are setting the bar high for your future JRiver endeavors  ;D

InsaneRC

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #159 on: January 28, 2014, 07:20:27 am »

Very nice a long awaited feature. It looks awesome. ;)
Licensed User:
JRiver Media Center 12-->27

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #160 on: January 28, 2014, 11:06:07 am »

Theater View would probably require some work, since its an animation and requires timers and whatnot.

Understood.

IMHO there could be a "quick and dirty" way to do it, and a "proper" way to do it.

• Quick and dirty solution: use a regular Windows static text label and a Windows timer; and on every time tick shift its Xpos to the left by one pixel
  • Proper solution: create an own custom control with a Paint method that directly paints the text to the screen canvas

PS personally I did not try the quick and dirty approach, but it could at least be worth a try...

Edit: concerning the quick and dirty approach, perhaps two static labels are better, so that the second control chases the tail of the first one...
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2014, 11:10:08 am »

No native controls in MC anymore, its multi-platform now. ;)
TBH I don't even know how theater view is all drawn yet, since I think it even uses D3D to some degree. Didn't poke my head in there yet. :D

But enough off-topic in the Gizmo thread.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2014, 11:14:25 am »

No native controls in MC anymore, its multi-platform now. ;)

Sic transit gloria

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2014, 11:19:22 am »

Update looks great Hendrik.
Nicely done and great accommodation of diverse interests.

David R. Williams

• Recent member
« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2014, 12:13:36 pm »

As mentioned above, enabling the scrolling of long field information or the ability to adjust the font size would help.

I listen to a lot of classical, and in almost every instance, the track name, artist name and album are all too long to fit within the screen. 

I'd prefer to be able to have the text wrapped with a smaller font size, as I find scrolling text to be distracting, but any solution that would enable visibility of longer data field values would be very helpful.

csimon

« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2014, 12:17:13 pm »

Would it be too complicated to automatically reduce the font size for a long title, down to a predetermined limit and then scroll when it can't go any more??

dvogel1

• Recent member
« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2014, 09:31:13 am »

I just noticed that both Gizmo and JRemote have a playing time bar graph. Is it possible to convert this object into a volume control and use a simple countdown timer for displaying the playing time (like the JRiver MC application)?

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2014, 10:05:27 am »

I just noticed that both Gizmo and JRemote have a playing time bar graph. Is it possible to convert this object into a volume control and use a simple countdown timer for displaying the playing time (like the JRiver MC application)?
+1 love the idea of volume control within Gizmo... on many of our devices the way the kickstands work, our volume control is actually on the table side (WHO DESIGNS THESE THINGS!?!)

https://www.google.com/search?q=seidio+++kick+stand+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=seidio+++kick+stand&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=shop&spd=17578337257137455117

HTPC4ME

« Reply #168 on: February 01, 2014, 12:22:20 am »

Perhaps a control botton on the right hand side of the next track icon? that would give us these types of options/commands...

*Send To/Share Option:
trim option give 2 markers, and allow to trim our vid/audio files (could use same two arrows a s a crop tool for large photos? ) and then instantly send them to...(compression could be done from server)
Zone/PC
email
facebook
Network Drive folder location (for editing that particular file at that station)
sms/mms

*play all of this artist
*show all albums from this artist
*show all films this director directed
*shuffle whole library
*add to playlist
* and a slew more of customizable commands :D

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2014, 02:04:19 am »

I for one would like to keep the position bar, I have more use for that (especially on longer audio books and podcasts) than a volume bar. Both would be nice, of course, but I'd prefer to keep the position bar if I have to choose. It's always possible to use Commands and volume up/down there.

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2014, 04:36:17 am »

I like the work of Hendrik. Very good. I believe and I admire your ability. Thank you.

But I also think this very beautiful layout:

This layout was forgotten? Need only add a star rating.

Hugs,

Fabricio, from Brazil.

csimon

« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2014, 04:46:17 am »

That's an old JRemote screen??

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2014, 05:01:44 am »

Yes its just a screenshot of JRemote, and its also tablet-sized, which is something we have not even started to touch yet.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

csimon

« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2014, 05:08:24 am »

JRemote's changed since then, it looks better!

WRT tablets, I'm actually using Gizmo on 7" tablet and the design is working well, were you pitching it at 4" phones up to now? I guess there's a point at which a phone becomes a phablet and then a tablet!

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: February 03, 2014, 05:18:02 am »

I used a 4" Nexus S/Nexus One as the minimal size it should work on (because the Android tools come with test-presets based on the Nexus phones), and tested mostly on my Nexus 5. A 7" still has plenty more room, and my 10" Samsung Tablet looks kinda empty on the playing now screen. So there is still some room for improvement here.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

BillT

• World Citizen
« Reply #175 on: February 03, 2014, 07:36:07 am »

Can I make a plea to keep it simple! It works very well as a remote for MC, which is all that I think that it needs to be. Editing stuff should be done on the Media Center machine.

The trouble with adding functionality is that it becomes difficult to use, cf JRemore, which started out as a prettier Gizmo for iThings and is now so complex that it is completely unintuitive to use. If you don't use it all the time you spend 5 minutes prodding various bits of screen to find out how to play an album.

It would be nice to make a display that auto adjusts with screen size, so you could have the playlist displayed with cover art on a big device as suggested above, and just works as it does currently on small devices, but that's just eye-candy.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2014, 07:38:33 am »

There are no plans to add any complex editing functionality. The only "editing" functionality is the ratings, which are already available now and you can even disable if you don't want them.
I guess some people might want a lot more, but I don't have any plans for that.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #177 on: February 03, 2014, 09:45:36 am »

Hendrick - I love the changes.  I am curious if these changes are going to make their way to the WebGizmo interface as well?

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2014, 02:18:33 pm »

A few weeks late to the news but stumbled upon the fact that Ratings are now on Now Playing screen - LOVE IT!
Thank you, thank you...it's sometimes the simplest things that make all the difference!

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2014, 04:52:17 am »

Editing stuff should be done on the Media Center machine.

I agree with you BillT.

I find gizmo too complex to use now. It gives me hassle whenever I try to use it.
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2014, 01:07:46 pm »

I love Gizmo, have only been using it a short time.

Is it possible to have the option of "Show Files" when an album is found using search?

For example, doing a search of "Desperado" brings up the album front and song, but you cannot drill down into the album similarly to going in through Audio>Artist then highlighting an album.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2014, 01:14:25 pm »

perhaps we could implement saving to cache, and playing from cache instead of from a server in the play to here dialog?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87464.msg598991#msg598991
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up