INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted features  (Read 1396 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Wanted features
« on: September 05, 2013, 10:35:40 am »

Here are some of the things that I have been feeling as I use Gizmo more frequently:

1. Pleeeeeaaase add a Notification widget that allows the user to pause, skip tracks etc.

2. Please add a desktop widget that shows Playing Now

3. Please allow Gizmo to remember Playing Now so that we can continue an album between sessions even if we get deiconnected.

4. Please allow the player to auto pause if the headphones cable gets pulled out of the phone.

5. Please allow us to pin albums for offline playback.

6. Please show us what Category we are looking at with a title at the top (I want to know if I am looking at Artist or Album Artist or Composer, or for movies whether I am looking at Series for box sets or Title for a list of all movies).

7. Please allow a long press on a file to bring up an info panel of all the tag info relating to that file.

8. Please allow us to switch between icon view and list style view.

9. Please add an Info pane for tablet resolutions. It should show extra info about any view you are in.

10. Please allow us to rate our files during playback.

11. Please allow us to turn subtitles on or off from the phone.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Wanted features
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 01:58:54 am »

For me the bigs ones are:

- Off Line Cache (for local playback)
- Add support for Radio Streams
- Add support for TV

& I did not even add Intercom!
JRiver CEO Elect

park

• MC Beta Team
Re: Re: Wanted features
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 08:47:36 pm »

Great work on the lock screen widget. I'd still like to see controls in the notification window but this is still major progress.

park

• MC Beta Team
Re:
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 08:49:31 pm »

The offline cache really helps with playback during spotty reception too. Good work, and hopefully a step towards us being able to manually pin albums for offline playback.

park

• MC Beta Team
Re:
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 08:51:13 pm »

The big issues for me now are No. 3 and No. 11 in my list at the top of this thread.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Wanted features
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 12:37:34 am »

Sometimes, after eight or nine hours, I launch Gizmo and it has remembered the playing now list, sometimes it doesn't. I really wish that it would do so reliably, all the time.

With the read ahead cache, this is more important for me than ever now. Why? Because I predominantly use a random smartlist that picks me a selection of 60 tracks rated 4 or 5 that have not been played in the past seven days.
When I get home and press 'stop', there are 10 tracks downloaded, ready to play, so later, when returning to Gizmo, I should be good to carry on from there.
When playing now has been discarded, the chances of the new smartlist tracks being in the cache are slim to none, which is a waste.

I have an unlimited data plan with, allegedly, no 'fair use' policy attached, but even so, my usage would typically be around 2.5Gb/m and this month, I've already hit 3.5Gb and there's still 10 days to go yet!

Fixing the playing now issue would bring this figure down drastically.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up