INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any one home at JRiver  (Read 813 times)

Sherman

Any one home at JRiver
« on: March 14, 2002, 10:05:44 pm »

Anyone have any info on if JRiver really exists???  I emailed, tried locate a phone ### with no results.  I want to buy the upgrade and the "buy now" deal doesnt work so I guess I need to find another product.  Anyone have any insight??

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Any one home at JRiver
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2002, 11:14:21 pm »

This is the only point of contact we provide.  It's support, pre and post sales help.

Please keep in mind that, at $24.98, you're not going to get a lot of personal help, but if you read the FAQ here and the Help section and can't find the answer, you can ask here.

Sometimes we don't know the answer.  In your case, your best chance is to try the latest build of version 8.  If that doesn't work, the problem may be with a firewall.  Some firewalls aren't disabled even when they say they are, and need to be uninstalled.  Zonealarm, I think, was one.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Xstatic

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2002, 12:55:08 am »

To follow up on Jim's reply: The way to obtain and try the newest build of version 8, is to locate the thread here at interact called:
"MJ 8.0.227 Available" or if you read this at a later point a higher version number, like 8.0.228, 229 etc.

In that thread there is a link to download the file.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2002, 05:12:40 am »

Out of curiousity, what's the status on the new buy method? I read a while back that you were going to implement something different to eliminate the problems of PC lockups and reboots during the buy process. Was that finished, or is it still in the works?

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2002, 05:26:51 am »

We'll let you know if and when we switch.  It isn't simple.  A lot of things have to work right. Our current technology is version 3 and a lot better than the first two.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up