INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote play/pause/volume not functioning  (Read 1801 times)

skinny2

JRemote play/pause/volume not functioning
« on: September 05, 2013, 02:48:24 pm »

Question is related JRemote application.  My JRemote app is no longer functioning with JRiver - rel 19. The JRemote does connect with my home network, music lists are displayed, but the remote control function ie; play, pause, stop etc. are not working.  Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any actions to fix this problem.  thanks

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: JRemote play/pause/volume not functioning
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 03:01:12 pm »

Its working for me.

Have you selected the correct zone at the bottom left?

The opinions I express represent my own folly.

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 07:24:54 am »

For myself I had no issues with JRemote up to MC 18.0.206.   But somewhere between 206 and 212 I started to have random issues with JRemote not working (stop, forward, etc) would not work.   I would get stoppages of songs for 5-30 seconds, then they would start again.   And then randomly stop and start.   

I also tried "My River" and it experienced similar issues, just not as often.   Sometimes it would get so bad that only stopping JRiver and starting it again fixed the issue - JRiver would not respond.

I decided to upgrade to MC19 and even ran up to 19.0.34 to see if that would correct the issue.  Nope.   So this weekend I went back to MC 18.0.206 and I had ZERO issues using JRemote with JRiver.   I even used "My River" and it too had no issues.

BTW, If I run 19.0.34 right from JRiver I have no issues.  So there is something with JRemote and JRiver that has changed since 18.0.206.  Maybe some functions changed (variable passing) and information being exchanged is wrong between the two.

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 04:28:08 pm »

19.0.38 has fixed my JRemote/JRiver issues I mentioned above.  Played music for a few hours today without issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up