INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange file path  (Read 1419 times)

Zootsuit

• World Citizen
  • too cool for school
Strange file path
« on: September 05, 2013, 04:51:47 pm »

I migrated my library to NAS storage and rebuilt my library accordingly. Now I'm finding unusual paths that I hadn't seen pre-NAS. Here are two example:

http://192.168.1.7:50002/transcoder/genericoder.cgi/id=132471.wav?format=WAV&downsample=false
http://192.168.1.7:50002/m/MP3/133199.mp3

There are normal artist/name/album properties associated with these files. I can actually play files that show these paths. In many case, but not all, the properties associated with these paths are identical to other files with what I'd call normal paths - for instance:

\\DISKSTATION\music\W Drive\New Downloads 9-6-09\Larry Young, Booker Ervin, Pony Poindexter - Gumbo ! (1963)\11 Wade In The Water.mp3

What are these files? Can I safely delete the associated files without compromising the files with customary paths?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Strange file path
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 05:00:24 pm »

The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Zootsuit

• World Citizen
  • too cool for school
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 07:35:28 am »

Thanks. That explains it. I wasn't using the native import tool for all files.

What is the transcoder reference in some of the paths? I did transcode some .wavs to .flac but thought I'd elected to delete the original files to save space. These .wavs do play properly and show the expected bitrate in MC.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 10:11:09 am »

Those paths were entirely generated by the DLNA client, so you'll have to look at it and its configuration.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up