INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Passion Grace & Fire  (Read 2758 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Passion Grace & Fire
« on: September 07, 2013, 04:43:53 am »

In the title song of the album Passion Grace and Fire by Al Di Meola et al, there's a theme running through it, a bit latin/raggae like. I'm absolutely sure this is some variation of another song and it sounds very familiar, its at the tip of my tongue so to speak.

If you know what I mean and which song it is, please share it and help me out of my suffering!

Thanks!

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Passion Grace & Fire
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 05:53:42 am »

I had a listen, but wasn't getting anything. Sorry.

How about this one of mine...

Have a listen to U2's 'Mothers of the Disappeared' from The Joshua Tree...

I really like this track, but seriously, at the start, listen to the guitar from about 50 seconds in, to just before Bono kicks in....

I hear a fast rip from George Michael's 'A Different Corner'. It's there. Absolutely. But no-one else I mention it to can hear it. They all just look at me like I'm slightly crazy!

-marko

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 06:53:40 am »

Yes, absolutely. I can almost hear GM's vocals on it. I wasn't familiar with that George Michael song (and I'm quickly going to forget it too if you don't mind :P) but its in there as a faster version. This is more a coincidencial case though I think. Or GM had a good listen to U2 (or vice versa) before writing his/their song :P.

With Al Di Meola at all, on their albums and especially live, they've been jamming mixing other songs' themes into their own. The Pink Panther theme being the most obvious one.

About PG&F track, the instances I mean are at 1:48 to 2:00, 2:12 to 2:22, 2:40 to 2:50, 3:02 to 3:12.

It's not that it just sounds somewhat like it, its almost like the real thing, same tempo, same rhythm (or very close at least) and I'm sure its intentional too (like the Pink Panther theme on Friday Night Live). The song I have in mind is entirely like that and its not fragmented like in PG&F.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 07:03:52 am »

Ooow almost thought I had it! Feel the Love by 10cc ... until I played it  :-X not quite the same.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 07:12:10 am »

I can't help but think its Bob Marley ... I'm going through his reportoire now, but no luck so far. Nah. Some songs have the same sort of thing but thats typical of the type of music.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 08:34:14 pm »

dang I heard that before, it is playing in my head now.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 09:18:10 pm »

Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven, guitar ascending and descending power chords during "And as we wind on down the road..."

But its kind of a standard progression.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 01:58:34 am »

Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven, guitar ascending and descending power chords during "And as we wind on down the road..."

But its kind of a standard progression.

Hm yeh that has something in it too but you're right it is kind of a common tune I suppose. Half of Bob Marley's songs start off like they are going to play this.

Maybe I it was 10cc all along and I just remembered it differently.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 05:42:51 am »

Haha! Got it!

Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin') from the album Hotter Than July.

Like I said:
It's not that it just sounds somewhat like it, its almost like the real thing, same tempo, same rhythm (or very close at least) and I'm sure its intentional too (like the Pink Panther theme on Friday Night Live). The song I have in mind is entirely like that and its not fragmented like in PG&F.
Pages: [1]   Go Up