INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to show .iso files in the Video library views  (Read 2677 times)

Simon Chick

• Recent member
How to show .iso files in the Video library views
« on: September 07, 2013, 07:19:45 am »

I tried searching on this but without success.

My blu-rays are backed up as .iso files. They are in some sub-folders of the main Video folder, which the Library auto-imports from.

These files will play in MC, but never appeared in the views under Video. Even their folders did not show there. I included Data in the Library options, but they still only appeared in the Documents view.

How can I make them appear in the Video library, and can I then also add sidecar tags?
NAS > noiseless PC > Ayre QB-9 USB DAC > Ayre KX-R pre-amp > Ayre MX-R monoblocs > Dynaudio Confidence C4 Signatures
Chord Sarum interconnects and speaker cables
Missing Link Opus, MCRU Ultimate and Transparent Reference Powerlink power cables
PS Audio P10 Power Plant. Sonority isolation platforms.

Simon Chick

• Recent member
Re: How to show .iso files in the Video library views
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 06:34:47 am »

BUMP.

Isn't this an issue for anybody else?

I think many people use iso files for video, and surely anybody using MC for video wants to see a tagged file and cover art in the Video view.

What am I missing here?
NAS > noiseless PC > Ayre QB-9 USB DAC > Ayre KX-R pre-amp > Ayre MX-R monoblocs > Dynaudio Confidence C4 Signatures
Missing Link Opus, MCRU Ultimate and Transparent Reference Powerlink power cables

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 06:43:50 am »

You need to set the Media Type to Video. You can do this by selecting the files, pressing Alt+Enter to bring up the tagging pane, and changing the Media Type field.
If you are using auto-import, you can set up an import rule to automatically set the Media Type:

Code: [Select]
If(IsEqual([File Type],iso,8),Video,[Media Type])

Simon Chick

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 07:10:06 am »

Thank you thank you thank you. It solved the issue and taught me something too.

Please can you teach me another thing. Where should that code be inserted for auto import? I went to the Configure auto import window but wasn't sure what to do from there.

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 08:00:02 am »

When you edit a folder there, you can add the rule here:

Simon Chick

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 02:34:12 am »

Sorry for slow response. I have not had a chance take the next step until now. And when I did  :-[  :-[ I could not find how to access the window shown in your last mail. So, shamefacedly, I have to ask please can you tell me where to access that window, as I still couldn't find it after clicking around for 30 minutes  ::)

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 03:20:36 am »

Tools > Import > Configure Auto-Import...
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Simon Chick

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 05:57:30 am »

Thank you. That got me far enough so I could (just) figure out the remaining steps. It certainly didn't seem intuitive, so without your guidance I don't think I'd have ever got there.

So a closing thank you to everybody for their attention and help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up