INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two albums the same/different encoding, library issues.  (Read 1082 times)

Wungun

• World Citizen
Two albums the same/different encoding, library issues.
« on: September 07, 2013, 07:30:31 am »

I have two identical albums, one is lossless wma, the other SACD, in different folders.
When I view the album in theater mode and in the normal player, it lists all the tracks from both folders together.
Is there a way to separate them as two distinct albums (obviously renaming the albums would achieve this...?)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Two albums the same/different encoding, library issues.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 11:50:20 am »

Yes.

The way I do this is with custom fields. I have a field called [Album Version] and a field called [Source]. In album version I record whether the album is an original release, MFSL with catalog code, remastered, etc. In source, I record whether the rip is from CD, SACD, Vinyl, DVD or HD download. I then add these fields to the sort order, or I can exclude or explicitly include these in special views. FOr instance, I have a view specifically set up for SACD rips.

In Theater View you can accomplish the same with these fields from Tools/Options/Theater View.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 11:52:20 am »

I should add there is also an issue with this approach.

Volume leveling and Adaptive Volume don't look at my custom fields, so when I add 2 songs with the same album name but different versions, there is often a noticable level difference.

To play these tracks at the same level, you have to edit the album name to force adaptive volume into track mode instead of album mode.

Wungun

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 03:18:49 pm »

Thanks!!

dean70

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 03:56:50 pm »

You can create different view schemes: one for hi-res and one for CD (and multi channel SACD). This separates out the different versions into their own album listings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up