INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to edit Duration?  (Read 1482 times)

cgroth

• World Citizen
How to edit Duration?
« on: September 09, 2013, 01:44:09 am »

A few of my movies show incorrect Duration information after import. I would like to manually correct this, but haven't been able to work out how to open the Duration field for editing in Standard View. I know that F2 works to edit the Description field, but haven't found a similar solution for Duration.

BR
Christopher

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: How to edit Duration?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 02:46:20 am »

It is not directly editable.  You can try first using Update library (from tags), and if the duration is still not right, use an MPL playlist to import the corrected value.  But probably you'll want to understand why the duration is incorrect.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 09:48:41 am »

I have no idea why the information is wrong in the first place, as I don't really know where the information comes from. Let me give you an example, I have the Clint Eastwood movie Unforgiven. It had no duration info at all. I tried Updating Library (from tags) and the name of the movie was changed to "Ws" and the description changed to the description of another movie (a Japanese movie called "W's Tragedy"). Very strange. So I though manual editing would make more sense....

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 09:57:55 am »

What filetype is it?

Duration is simply read from the video. If it doesn't read the duration, I would think (but I'm not sure) there's either something wrong with the video or MC doesn't support the file properly.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 11:46:29 am »

It appears then that you are either or both not creating sidecars or writing tags.  Re-reading the tags should not have caused a change in the metadata, unless the wrong data existed in the first place.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up