INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: US$149 High End DSD DAC announced  (Read 2104 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
US$149 High End DSD DAC announced
« on: September 09, 2013, 05:21:42 pm »

Southern California audiophile equipment maker Schiit today announced a DSD-only DAC "Loki" for US$149.

It connect by USB, and if you use a stereo PCM DAC with RCA outputs, then that DAC can connect to the inputs of Loki and it has a manual switch on the front to go from the PCM DAC to the DSD DAC (so that your receiver/amplifier does not need another input).

Schiit equipment is generally sold only at schiit.com (which allows them to offer such low prices).

I have no financial connection with them whatsoever, by the way, but this seemed like it would be helpful to the many MC19 users who play DSD files.

http://schiit.com/products/loki

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: US$149 High End DSD DAC announced
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 05:38:17 pm »

Just saw this:

What players does Loki work with?
On the Mac, Audirvana, JRiver, and Pure Music. On the PC, Foobar and JRiver. These are the ones we’ve tested and confirmed to work. Others may also work, but we make no guarantees. Expect to spend plenty of time setting up your PC to run right with DSD. Sorry, complain to Microsoft about their crap support for audio.

Balthazar2k4

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 06:17:11 am »

I bought one yesterday.  Tracking info shows it will arrive tomorrow.  I'll let everyone know how it goes.

bmoura

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 01:39:56 am »

I own the Lyr headphone amp from Schiit.  They make very good sounding audio gear at very low prices.  The Loki could be another winner from them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up