INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Xperia M  (Read 2282 times)

fredster

• Recent member
Sony Xperia M
« on: September 10, 2013, 11:25:42 am »

I am considering getting an Xperia M partly as it seems to have a decent audio player in it. However all my files are in flac and it doesnt play flac. Can I have an arrangement where I choose music I want for the Sony and change it to a different format but keep in a different place in JRiver, then I can copy just those files to my Walkman and leave all my main storage in flac   ?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sony Xperia M
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 05:15:23 pm »

Assuming all works properly with your specific device, MC will transcode to mp3 during copying the files to the handheld.  The original songs remain in flac in your library.  No need for you to manage the same songs in another format.

fredster

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 06:32:41 am »

So would I build a playlist of what I want ( cos obviously I dont want everything ) and synch that thru JRiver and it should convert during the transfer and leave the the library files untouched ? That sounds very clever and convenient !

In fact the Xperia M plays wav and has an SD card slot. Maybe i could put a reasonable number of wav files on with a 32gb SD card.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 08:52:03 am »

That is correct.  I use smartlists.  Then under tools > options > handhelds your device should show up when it's connected to USB.
Mine shows internal phone memory and the SD card separately.
Right side of screen lets you select specific playlists to be sync'd to the device.

fredster

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 05:25:49 am »

I now have my Xperia M, however JRiver doesnt seem to recognice it when I try and Sync. The device is there in the ' devices ' list however when I drag and drop the playlist it starts the search process but just sits there searhcing for handheld, it doesnt seem to be able to find the Xepria.

nitephlight

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 05:39:17 am »

make sure your Sony sync drivers are installed. if windows does not detect your device as a browseable disk drive, jriver will not either. microSD slot also means that you can mount it as a mass storage drive and manually select the drive if all else fails.

gl
Pages: [1]   Go Up