INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No sound with PS Audio's Bridge  (Read 23000 times)

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
No sound with PS Audio's Bridge
« on: September 10, 2013, 05:27:45 pm »

I had JRiver working, sending music to my PS Audio Dac's Bridge over Ethernet.
Now it won't work, the PS Audio "player" is missing and I can't get it to work again. It will work with eLyric at the moment.

I can get sound from the computer speakers, but I cannot get it to send the music to the DAC if that makes any sense?

Could someone go over the settings required with me to make sure I'm not missing something? Very frustrated at the moment.
Thanks

I|

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No sound with PS Audio's Bridge
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 06:00:13 pm »

You might search for other PSAudio posts here.

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 05:00:51 am »

Yeah, that didn't get me very far.
You guys need to have a basic set up FAQ somewhere I think. This program has so many settings, it's very easy to get lost.

Wybe

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 06:03:38 am »

Todd, did you already try: Tools > Options > Media network > Add or configure DLNA servers > Audiophile 24-bit DAC? Maybe a restart of the Bridge will help. For best results your Bridge should have a static ip-address. Greetings, Wybe

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 07:50:20 am »

Try the wiki on Dac Settings and linked topics.  Try the PSAudio site for specific instructions.

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 03:34:23 pm »

Todd, did you already try: Tools > Options > Media network > Add or configure DLNA servers > Audiophile 24-bit DAC? Maybe a restart of the Bridge will help. For best results your Bridge should have a static ip-address. Greetings, Wybe

Wybe,
Thank you for addressing my question. Yes, I followed these steps exactly.
I think the problem might be, once I've followed these steps, how do I get this to be recognized as one of the players?

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 03:43:14 pm »

Ok, after some searching, I found the Wiki instructions.

"Associate your DAC with the "Audiophile 24-bit DAC" server configured above
Find your DAC under "Playing Now" in the left tree view in Media Center."

The problem is at this step: The DAC is not showing up under "Playing Now".

What do we do?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 04:33:58 pm »

How is it connected?

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 04:40:28 pm »

How is it connected?

By Ethernet from my router to the PS Audio Bridge. It's always been this way.
It's working with the PS Software eLyric.
Seems that JRiver is not able to discover it now for some reason. It used to work.

Wybe

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 04:03:37 am »

Did you try a restart of the Bridge? You can also try a restart of the UPNP-server of the Bridge: via a web browser and the ip-address of the Bridge. Then start JRiver again. In any case: the Bridge should be reachable in your lan.

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 05:30:19 am »

Did you try a restart of the Bridge? You can also try a restart of the UPNP-server of the Bridge: via a web browser and the ip-address of the Bridge. Then start JRiver again. In any case: the Bridge should be reachable in your lan.

Yes I did both.
The bridge can be seen since it works with the PS Audio server & software.
I also re-installed the software using the latest version that was released yesterday.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 07:21:30 am »

You may need to turn on Media Network in MC's options.

JohnT

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 09:01:10 am »

Media Center discovers DLNA DAC's in a background thread, so it may not show up right away - it could take as long as 10 or 20 seconds.  If it still doesn't show up, power-cycle the DAC again.
To force Media Center to check for network DAC's immediately, click "Services & Plug-ins" in the tree and click on "Media Network" so it displays the status of all DLNA servers.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 04:52:53 pm »

You may need to turn on Media Network in MC's options.

It is

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 05:19:22 pm »

Media Center discovers DLNA DAC's in a background thread, so it may not show up right away - it could take as long as 10 or 20 seconds.  If it still doesn't show up, power-cycle the DAC again.
To force Media Center to check for network DAC's immediately, click "Services & Plug-ins" in the tree and click on "Media Network" so it displays the status of all DLNA servers.

I did this.
Nothing is showing at the moment even though I'm playing music with eLric right now.

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 05:22:07 pm »

Could this be the reason?
Device Discovery Server failed to start?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 05:34:33 pm »

Make sure you aren't running Media Server from a previous version.  Turn off Media Network in any previous version, then stop Media Server, then restart the current version.  You could read about Media Server on the Wiki.

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 06:32:23 pm »

Make sure you aren't running Media Server from a previous version.  Turn off Media Network in any previous version, then stop Media Server, then restart the current version.  You could read about Media Server on the Wiki.

This??
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Server
I have no idea. What's the icon look like? Where do you consider the task bar to be?
I'm not a computer programmer, this stuff shouldn't be so hard for the average user to negotiate.

Please guys, this find the answer yourself attitude it extremely frustrating. If you are selling a product and expecting people to shell out cash for the new MC 19, you need to offer better support.
Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 06:37:56 pm »

I have no expectation about what you will do with your cash.  I'm sorry I couldn't help.

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 06:45:41 pm »

I have no expectation about what you will do with your cash.  I'm sorry I couldn't help.

Not sure if you're the owner of this software or not, but the owner should expect that the customer is able to use the software easily and if problems arise, offer the best possible support to solve the issue. That creates happy customers that make repeat purchases.
If this software was free, OK I would expect this, but not when you pay for it.

Rogerdn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 07:11:39 pm »

I would encourage you to post on PS Audio's forum, there area lot of helpful people there and yours could be a PWD issue.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 07:41:29 pm »

That is a good suggestion.

JohnT

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2013, 11:11:59 am »

Could this be the reason?
Device Discovery Server failed to start?
Yes, that's the reason we didn't see your PS Audio device.  As to why our device discovery server failed to start, I'm not sure.  One possibility is that you have the "eLyric Music Manager" running on the same computer and although in theory it shouldn't cause a conflict, maybe it's doing something with the PS Audio device or SSDP port that's preventing us from seeing it.  I would try turning off the eLyric software, reboot the computer, power-cycle the DAC, double check that eLyric is not running, and then try running Media Center again.

Rogerdn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 11:30:33 am »

You might find restarting the PWD after the computer reboot to help.

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2013, 11:35:49 am »

Yes, that's the reason we didn't see your PS Audio device.  As to why our device discovery server failed to start, I'm not sure.  One possibility is that you have the "eLyric Music Manager" running on the same computer and although in theory it shouldn't cause a conflict, maybe it's doing something with the PS Audio device or SSDP port that's preventing us from seeing it.  I would try turning off the eLyric software, possibly reboot the computer, power-cycle the DAC, double check that eLyric is not running, and then try running Media Center again.

John.
Thanks for the suggestions, they have been tried numerous times. In addition I have reinstalled MC as well as downloading the latest version and installing that.

JohnT

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2013, 11:44:09 am »

John.
Thanks for the suggestions, they have been tried numerous times. In addition I have reinstalled MC as well as downloading the latest version and installing that.
Ok.  The reason I suggested disabling the "eLyric Music Manager" was that I saw it listed in your screenshot above, but if you've already tried the sequence of steps I outlined, making sure "eLyric" wasn't running, then sorry - nevermind.

Do you have any kind of Firewall or virus checkers running on your Mac?  If so, you could try temporarily disabling them to see if they might be the culprit.  Which version of OSX are you running?  We haven't updated any of our in-house Macs to the latest 10.9 "Mavericks" yet, so if you're running that version it might tell us something.  It might be worth sending a log file (Help -> Logging...) to johnt at jriver dot com.

Sorry for the troubles.  It always takes more time to come up with a solution when we can't reproduce the problem here.

Like Rogerdn suggested, it would also be worthwhile to check on the PS Audio forums for help.

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 12:37:16 pm »

John,
I made sure eLyric was off.
I also found an old Logitech server running that I'd forgotten all about and turned it off.
The PS DAC appeared in the list again however, I just got the spinning beach ball for about 5 min so I had to force quit the program.
I restarted, ran some disc repair programs just to be sure and restarted everything.

Seems to be working now. Not sure what happened as these other servers had always been running in the past with no issues.

Running OSX 10.7.5
No firewall or virus checkers.
I'll send you the log file if you like.

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2013, 02:19:58 pm »

Whoops, broken again!
I have to power cycle the DAC every time I start JRiver or it does not see it.

JohnT

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2013, 02:24:38 pm »

Whoops, broken again!
I have to power cycle the DAC every time I start JRiver or it does not see it.
Are the Logitech and eLyric servers disabled so they don't autostart when the Mac boots?  Try uninstalling both of them.

Rogerdn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2013, 02:50:39 pm »

Like Rogerdn suggested, it would also be worthwhile to check on the PS Audio forums for help.

There are two pages of posts I see on PS Audio's forum involving a Todd R, I assume that is you, I don't understand why you have not already told us so we can stop making this sugesstion.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2013, 03:42:09 pm »

Still, it is a good suggestion.

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2013, 04:31:37 pm »

There are two pages of posts I see on PS Audio's forum involving a Todd R, I assume that is you, I don't understand why you have not already told us so we can stop making this sugesstion.

Because...
A: I feel this is a  J River  problem.
B: From what I've seen, the PS  forums  tend to point you back over here for issues with this software.

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2013, 05:44:58 pm »

Are the Logitech and eLyric servers disabled so they don't autostart when the Mac boots?  Try uninstalling both of them.

Yes, they are now. Well see how it goes.

jayla

• Recent member
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2013, 03:56:11 pm »

Yes, they are now. Well see how it goes.
Todd,
if you say, you are using eLyric - what do you mean? eLyric Music Manager or eLyric on your iPAD/iPhone ?
I just want to point out that if you use eLyric Music Manager as your player you are using the available soundcard of your computer or in case of the PWD mayby the USB input of the PWD if it is connected to the USB of your computer. Thus if you turn on the bridge you won't have any sound output  from eLyric as well.
But I guess you mean eLyric from iPad/iPhone.
However, did you already try to establish the connection via a different IP port with JRiver?

@all I have a PWD MKII, I always have loaded eLyric Server parallel to JRiver. I never had problems with this. But I often had problems with the USB Port of the PWD MKII. The switching between USB and bridge is  curious and sometimes after switching to the USB port no sound at all from the PWD. In such case I have to reset the PWD and afterwords the bridge to get both working again.

Best regards
Jayla

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2013, 06:29:05 pm »

eLyric Music server with eLyric's iPad app or JRiver with JRemote.
In either case, connected to my router by Ethernet cable. No USB involved.
Previously, both server programs could run at the same time and not interfere with each other. Apparently that has changed.

JohnT

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2013, 07:38:50 am »

eLyric Music server with eLyric's iPad app or JRiver with JRemote.
In either case, connected to my router by Ethernet cable. No USB involved.
Previously, both server programs could run at the same time and not interfere with each other. Apparently that has changed.
What about the Logitech server app, did you determine if that caused a conflict or was it definitely eLyric?

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2013, 04:35:12 pm »

What about the Logitech server app, did you determine if that caused a conflict or was it definitely eLyric?

John,
I'll have to try & reproduce it once I get some time.
Since the Logitech & eLyric have not been updated in a long time but were working fine, my suspicion is one of the later updates of JRiver must have had a disagreement with one of those servers.
If I can figure out which one it doesn't like to work with with I'll be sure to let you know.

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2013, 04:38:15 pm »

I have same setup, had same problem - seems to have resolved by updating firmware on the bridge -  tech support at PSAudio was very helpful in figuring out where the problem was.

JohnT

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2013, 09:27:00 am »

I have same setup, had same problem - seems to have resolved by updating firmware on the bridge -  tech support at PSAudio was very helpful in figuring out where the problem was.
Thanks for posting about that firmware update, is that something you could try Todd R?

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2013, 03:50:44 pm »

Thanks for posting about that firmware update, is that something you could try Todd R?

Already updated long ago, Bridge Version:0.2.14b
Seems to be whichever program opens first wins access to the DAC.

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2013, 07:19:15 pm »

my firmware version is Bridge Version:0.2.14f    -

Todd R

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2013, 04:55:05 am »

All I see is a note saying "Bridge 2.14.f testing for VSC and cover art" didn't find the download, but I'll wait till it's an official release.

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2014, 01:10:21 am »

Todd, I have used MC for 3 years now when Paul of PSAudio pointed me here. I updated to the PSAudio DirectStream DAC via the kit 2 days ago. I feel very fortunate but I do have the same problem as you.

My JRMC19 software does not "see" my PSAudio dac. The only reliable way to see it is to turn the dac off and on.
Synology 214Play, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, Roksan Kandy Amp, Dynaudio 42s, Magnum Dynalab 105T & attenuator, Nordost, TNTAudio and Furutech cables.

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2019, 05:23:20 am »

5 Years later and I have the same problems with MC24 no Bridge found. This is very boring and I am considering changing hardware/software just to be able to listen to music.
Synology 214Play, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, Roksan Kandy Amp, Dynaudio 42s, Magnum Dynalab 105T & attenuator, Nordost, TNTAudio and Furutech cables.
Pages: [1]   Go Up