INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback couldn't be started..Luxman ASIO device does not support sample rate...  (Read 7566 times)

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck

I installed the 32bit Windows ASIO driver that came with my Luxman DAC on my CAPSv3 Windows 8 (32bit) computer. When I press play in J River I get the following message:

Something went wrong with playback.

Details
Playback could not be started on the output 'ASIO' using the format '44.1KHz 16bit 2 ch'.
The ASIO device 'Luxman ASIO Device' does not support the sample rate 441000 Hz.

I haven't a clue what is going wrong. The Luxman DA-06 supports all formats. I get a similar result regardless of the bit/samping rate of the file I try to play.

The DAC just arrived today and I'm going a bit nuts trying to get some music out of it.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

An ASIO device will usually only accept a bitdepth of 24 or 32. It is strange that the output format is showing as 44.1KHz 16bit 2 ch.

It should be showing as 44.1KHz 24bit 2 ch.

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't really help me with my problem. I don't know if I have some wrong settings for JRiver that should be changed or what. What, if anything should be set under DSP Studio Output Format? Currently all sample rates are set to "No Change".  

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't really help me with my problem. I don't know if I have some wrong settings for J River that should be changed or what. What, if anything should be set under DSP Studio Output Format? Currently all sample rates are set to "No Change". 

Perhaps the hardware locks to a single sample rate.

Try setting all sample rates to several different values and see if any work.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck

Where in J River MC18 do you set bit depth? I'd want to change to 24 bits from 16, but I can't find bit depth when I open DSP and Output Format. I don't mean to complain, but trying to find anything in your support pages or user manual is like pulling teeth.

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck

I just found out from a search that you can no longer change bit depth. So, I am back to square one.

Airfla

• Junior Woodchuck

Don't know what I did, but I disconnected and reconnected everything, rebooted, and it now works.

alice

• Recent member

An old thread, but I have exactly the same problem.

I cannot even see the usb dac in sound - control panel.

Have the DA-06, what is wrong here ? sheesh

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Does it have a driver?

Does it show up in Windows?

alice

• Recent member

I installed the drivers from the Luxman website, so in control panel I can see a new icon as luxman asio.

Also can see luxman asio in jriver audio options.

I cannot see luxman usb in sound in control panel

JimH

• Administrator

If you try ASIO in MC, you just get an error?

You can use MC's DSP Studio / Output format to resample to something the ASIO driver likes.

alice

• Recent member

If you try ASIO in MC, you just get an error?

That is right, what worries me is I cannot see a usb dac under sound settings in control panel.

JimH

• Administrator

Testing from Windows Control Panel would help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up