INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Video Playback  (Read 987 times)

prevaljo

• Recent member
No Video Playback
« on: September 11, 2013, 06:42:51 pm »

I am currently running a trial version of JRiver MC, the audio parts work well, playing MP3s tagging etc.  I am now looking at playing DVDs from disk and from ripped files.   

They appear to play (you can see the time advancing in the control bar) but I get no audio and no video.  I am at a loss as to what to do, what to set and where to go next. 

The DVD plays in Windows Media Player without problem.  I have also tried to play AVI files (which play happily in VLC) these don't play either, the only difference being that the control bar display showing how many seconds have been played gets to about 9 secs and then drops back to 3 sec repeatedly.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: No Video Playback
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 06:47:35 pm »

Welcome.

Make sure you're in the zone called Player (ie. the local zone) in Main Menu > Player > Zones.

The behavior you're describing sounds like what might happen if you're trying to send to a DLNA zone (like a TV, PS3, etc.).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

prevaljo

• Recent member
Re: No Video Playback
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 07:34:48 pm »

Thank you Matt, I checked the Zone and Player was ticked.  Went back and lo and behold the AVIs play OK, the Ripped DVD plays OK and the DVD plays OK. Doh!! So I changed nothing, merely checked that settings were correct and it now works..  Don't try and explain it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up