INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver keeps asking to renew license [Solved]  (Read 2909 times)

OneFingerSnap

JRiver keeps asking to renew license [Solved]
« on: September 12, 2013, 11:39:10 am »

Hi everyone,

I purchased MC18 back in July and installed it on my two PC's. Periodically MC says the trial period is over and asks me to renew the license. Besides being boring, the number of license renewals per year gets reduce in the process. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks,
Miguel Barrosa

chstuart

• Recent member
Re: JRiver keeps asking to renew license
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 05:55:26 pm »

I have a similar question. I just upgraded my media server computer.  Its a whole new system. I decided to install MC19 instead of MC18, but MC19 is telling me that my license is not valid. I hope for crying out loud that Jrivers does not expect me to purchase a new license for MC19 when I have had MC18 for less than a year. Please tell me I don't. I rave about your software, but will be unhappy if I have to fork out another 50 bucks for the upgrade. Please advise.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 05:58:22 pm »

You can still install MC18.  Here's how it works:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

An upgrade is $26.98.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 06:00:25 pm »

I purchased MC18 back in July and installed it on my two PC's. Periodically MC says the trial period is over and asks me to renew the license. Besides being boring, the number of license renewals per year gets reduce in the process. Any ideas on why this is happening?
Once you install the license, it shouldn't ask again.  If it is, then there are a couple of possibilities.  Machine name changes can trigger a license request.  "Security" software may also sometimes cause problems.  Make sure your PC's system date is correct.

OneFingerSnap

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 07:51:22 pm »

Once you install the license, it shouldn't ask again.  If it is, then there are a couple of possibilities.  Machine name changes can trigger a license request.  "Security" software may also sometimes cause problems.  Make sure your PC's system date is correct.

OK Jim, that explains it. I've actually changed the names of both my computers in the network a once or twice lately. I suggest you guys make this more clear somewhere in this forum because it seems unfair to me to have the number of renewals reduced due to changes in the computer name (especially if we don't know about this), wouldn't you agree? In light of this, is there a way to reset the renewals due to machine name changes?

Thanks,
Miguel

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 12:29:27 pm »

If you run out of restores, please let us know.

OneFingerSnap

Re: JRiver keeps asking to renew license [Solved]
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 01:55:17 pm »

Fair enough, I will if needed.

Jong

Re: JRiver keeps asking to renew license [Solved]
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 04:33:27 am »

I've just had a similar problem with MC19. Suddenly it was back in trial mode. Not at all sure why or how to diagnose. There have been no system name changes and only MS Security Essentials is used for AV/Firewall, with no recent changes.

A restore has worked and I still have 8 remaining, but I'll let you know if it happens again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up