INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo 19.0.40  (Read 2100 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Gizmo 19.0.40
« on: September 13, 2013, 12:17:38 pm »

This is the latest version of Gizmo (JRiver's Android application).  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://jriver.com/install_gizmo.html

The build will move to the Play Store at a later date, after testing here.

19.0.40 / 79

Changed: Gizmo uses the mime type application/octet-stream for audio file transfers to avoid ISP or carrier blocking (requires MC 19.0.39 or newer).

19.0.39 / 78

NEW: Added lock screen controls while playing on the device.
NEW: Bluetooth track information is provided when playing on the device (using AVRCP).
NEW: Bluetooth controls work while the screen is off.
Fixed: Web radio streams that were stored in the library or playlists were not playable on the device.  
Faster: When clicking the header to switch modes while connected to a dead server, the menu of choices will appear much faster.
Fixed: In some cases 'Error communicating with server' could show incorrectly on the screen.

19.0.38 / 77 (September 12, 2013)

1. Fixed: The cache downloader could crash in some cases.

19.0.35 / 76 (September 4, 2013)

1. NEW: Added thumbnail size option (menu button at top right > Options).
2. NEW: Added a screen lock option to keep the screen on (dim or bright) while Gizmo is showing (useful for tablet installations).
3. Changed: The volume up and down commands work when playing on the device (for cases when there are no hardware volume buttons).
4. Changed: Bluetooth play and pause commands will trigger the play/pause button (for devices without a play/pause button).
5. Changed: Stopping playback stops the read-ahead caching system from working ahead.
6. Fixed: Playback stats are fired when playback starts instead of when the cache reads-ahead for a file (requires MC 19.0.35 or newer).
7. Fixed: When playing a video, playback would sit at a black screen instead of return to the browse screen in 19.0.32.

19.0.32 / 75 (August 28, 2013)

NEW: Added the ability to 'Play (with Play Doctor)' from anywhere in the audio browse tree.
NEW: When a server call fails, the program will retry a few times.
NEW: The program will attempt to automatically switch the server IP address as it transitions from wifi to data.
NEW: File playback caching uses ranged requests so an interrupted download is resumed instead of restarted.
Faster: When there is no wifi or ethernet, connecting to a server will skip local addresses.
Changed: Audio playback loops the playlist until stopped (unless the playlist is only one track).
Changed: Added a system so that partial cache entries (from a crash or other problem) will never get used.

19.0.31 / 74

NEW: Improved cache system so that the playback of the first file also plays from cache (but playback still starts immediately).

19.0.30 / 73

NEW: Playback on device uses a caching system that reads-ahead and keeps files between runs, increasing reliability with weak connections.
Faster: Browsing switches screens faster.
Faster: Android 4 devices load thumbnails concurrently for improved performance.
Faster: When connected to MC19, thumbnails load faster.  

18.0.180 / 72

Changed: Errors communicating with the server show an information bubble, but don't cause the program to automatically reconnect to the server.
Changed: When acting as a remote, an error communicating with the server to get information about what's playing will look more transparent.
Changed: When playing on the device, the program will retry for up to 10 minutes to open the URL to better handle sporadic connections.

18.0.171 / 71

NEW: Totally revised Theater View remote mode.
Changed: Requires Android 2.2 or newer.
Changed: Switched to newer more efficient networking API.
Changed: Connecting will wait less time waiting for each IP address, but will retry more times (should reduce connect time in many cases).
Changed: Tuned the default timeout for web service calls to wait a little longer (should help prevent reconnects with spotty coverage).

18.0.126 / 67

NEW: It is possible to connect using an IP address.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pahunt

• World Citizen
Re: Gizmo 19.0.39
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 01:51:15 pm »

I believe I've installed this correctly but I'd like to check but I can't find anywhere in the app that shows it's version number. Am I missing something obvious?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Gizmo 19.0.39
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 03:14:39 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D for looking at the streaming stuff but in my case I did not think it worked.  As Gizmo just sat there saying "Preparing" and sorts of locks up the whole tablet.

The thing is as I was typing this it did start to play one of the stations after about 1minute of this behaviour so it sort of works (http://shoutcast.2gb.com:80/2gb)!  Once it was playing it was fine. 

I then tried it on another station and after a while just got "Error communicating with the server" flashing on and off (http://sc.2dayfm.com.au:80/ and mms://a1326.l11289735325.c112897.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1326/112897/v0001/reflector:35325)

;D ;D ;D ;D Thanks again!
JRiver CEO Elect

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Gizmo 19.0.40
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 03:17:30 pm »

Please note that I sneaked a build 40 out with a mime type change.  I'm suspicious that some carriers monkey with MP3 data, and this change should cross that off the list.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 03:28:26 pm »

Got it - No change from my end in V40:
2GB : Plays after a very long "preparing" pause (eg almost a minute)
2DayFM : After the long Pause is get the "Error Communciating with the Server" and no playback.

These streams play perfectly and instantly in MC (The testing is on my Home WiFi network but I can try it on 3G if you think the carriers make a difference)

JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 05:25:03 pm »

Could it be that the stations that don't play are aac (2DayFM), and asf (News Radio) where the one that does play is MP3 (2GB)?

EDIT : found another link for the News Radio (http://shoutmedia.abc.net.au:10324/) but it is AAC and also does not play in Gizmo

EDIT 2 : found and added a random MP3 based station and this one also plays fine (well after a very long "preparing" pause)
JRiver CEO Elect

Arcturus

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 12:07:50 am »

Great to see you added lock screen controls. Nice to see you also started to add display options.

Not a bug per say but how about finally changing the play.pause,next,previous,playlist buttons. Make them easier to differentiate. The super light grey on that white background makes them look like 5 white squares on the dark background of gizmo. Make them light on dark buttons maybe it would look a lot better also.

InsaneRC

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 04:55:55 am »

Maybe I missed something but I cannot change 'Where To Play'. Will only play on phone and not HTPC, although theater view remote will control pc connected to.
Licensed User:
JRiver Media Center 12-->27

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 10:13:42 am »

I also have no places to play other than "Here". Also still no video playback on my Samsung S4. It prepares, plays one frame, then goes back to the menu.
Nothing has changed on the phone (same ver, JellyBean), and it is the same Media Center hardware as before when it did work. Just normal plentiful windows updates.
Running .39 MC and this newest .40 Gizmo. Win 7 64

A friend with the same setup and same problem is thinking about taking the S3 back from his wife and give her the non-gizmo-ing S4, he is that hooked on Gizmo (from Work). :)

Any info I can provide to help figure out what changed? Are there particular settings in MC's Media Network Options Page I should set for a Sammy S4?

Thanks

Don

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 11:09:46 am »

Yep... Only place to play is "Here"

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)
Pages: [1]   Go Up