INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meridian Director (Windows 7, MC 19)  (Read 5577 times)

Ben Williams

Meridian Director (Windows 7, MC 19)
« on: September 13, 2013, 12:37:13 pm »

I'm using a Meridian Director with MC19, Windows 7.

Was wondering if there was anyone out there who can recommend any baseline settings that I should start with to help me get the most out this DAC.... 

For instance: ASIO or WASAPI?  The Meridian appears to support both so which one is best with the Meridian?

Is it worth playing files from memory instead of hard disk, I've heard this can make a difference but would it make a difference on the Meridian as an asynchronous DAC with buffering or is this feature obsolete in this case?

The Meridian Director already up-samples using it's own algorithms, doubling sample rates of 44.1 to 88.2 and 96 to 192KHz etc so should I just leave this feature alone?  Would I degrade the quality of my music or interfere with the Meridian by enabling this feature in MC19.   

So far I've resisted using any DSP settings or any effects or room correction etc as I'm not sure if I'm getting any real gains but would love to hear anyone's personal preferences and tips.  Obviously this depends on my set-up and for reference I'm using a Rotel RA-10 amp with B&W CM1 speakers.

The exception to the above is Adaptive Volume, I'm using Peak Level Normalize which seems to sound pretty good, does anyone have any thoughts on this?  If you use this feature then do you lose on anything somewhere else?   

Rather than redirect to other forums, it would be great to start a Meridian Director (with Windows) conversation and have everything in one place.  If not for me than everyone else in the same position.

I realise I'm new to all this and apologise if I've missed something blindly obvious.  I realise that there might not be yes or no answers to many of these questions and hope to hear some open ended answers.

Would love to hear peoples feedback.

B :-) 

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Meridian Director (Windows 7, MC 19)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 12:46:01 pm »

My DAC has ASIO, so I set JRiver to ASIO, since JRiver say here

"Choose the best output for your hardware in this order:
1) If your hardware has a native, well-behaved, ASIO driver, use ASIO."

Other than that I'd leave everything straight. Maybe in a few weeks, when you've got used to the sound of your set-up, change one thing and see if you notice a change.
Pages: [1]   Go Up