INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Progress report  (Read 1851 times)

weedub

• Junior Woodchuck
Progress report
« on: September 14, 2013, 08:48:07 pm »

I had a post a while back/about feature requests,I think mainly posted out of frustration.

Anyway thanks to the reply from Jim H and InflatableMouse , I have been on a steep curve

and have achieved everything I was trying to do.Like I customized theater view backgrounds,

Changed the Names of different views eg: shows to TV Series and removed all tabs I do not want,for a cleaner interface.

I have closed of the left side tree view in the main view/ and set all the tabs to favorites in the top toolbar,

under navigation tab/I have achieved more and my Media Centre 19 looks stunning.All this was possible

due to the encouragement from Jim H and InflatableMouse,and I thank you / I have become very proficient

in my knowledge of  JR Media Centre,and this is very satisfying. Thank you weedub

N.B. I have also been making all my changes on my PC and then backing up the database

and restoring it to my HTPC, the only changes I needed to make were to the Audio

where on the HTPC I needed to change to Bitstreaming  HDMI and my AV1 Wasapi 

Thanks again, for all your prompting / that helped me to go down the path of discovery/and I have

(1 ) request / that is either not there,or I can not see it / is it possible or can it be made available

to be able to right click on a movie or tv show,documentary,music video or music album and mark as watched or played.

I am sure this has been requested before,what is needed is a clear concise way to do this that stays there / until you

uncheck it  ____ Cheers  and Thank you to all who commented on the original post /you all helped

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Progress report
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 05:09:40 am »

I have closed of the left side tree view in the main view/ and set all the tabs to favorites in the top toolbar,

under navigation tab/I have achieved more and my Media Centre 19 looks stunning.

Could I ask you how you did this?

I can only do this if I either push the view to full frame (where the menu disappears) but the left column shows on mouseover which is nice; or I have to click on the bar between the "tree column" and the view. This works for me but if you need to see the tree like set a favorite to smartlists or explorer, you have to reclick the bar to open the left column again.

thanks in advance

weedub

• Junior Woodchuck
Progress report
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 05:43:35 am »

Hi, You are right I closed the left tree view the normal way / although this is how I set it up

Right click in the area of the top toolbar,and go to customize toolbar and add

Navigation from the left box  to the right box.

Now with the left tree view open,select the view you wish to have navigation to

and then click on Navigation and add to Favorites,you will need to type the name of the

view you have open.Continue until you have added all your views to Favorites,

with my PC the left tree view now stays closed.Unless of course I wish to open it,

and I do all my navigation from the navigation tab.I like this as I have the full view

all the time,it is a cleaner look for the main window.And would be best as a default

setting/that you open the tree view if you need it   // I hope this helps.  Cheers

Pages: [1]   Go Up